Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadows playpen

Go down 
+7
Melody
christinelevis
Gaga
tayer
Lou
tanzi
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tanzi

tanzi

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Just thought I would put a photo up of his playpen, I got some good waterproof mats and puppy training pads from the pound shop today as I did have a fleecy blanket on the floor but Shadow just keeps going underneath it and wouldn't come out, I also had to go to P@H and buy a savic wheel as the first wheel I bought was not very good it was too hard to move and I just didn't like it as there were a couple of holes in it and I was frightened he would get a claw stuck in it, I will only be using this wheel until I get one of Larry's...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:02 pm

aww looks lovely lots for him to play with they love the loo roll holders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
tayer
tayer

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:23 pm

wow looking good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Gaga

Gaga

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:24 pm

love it, where is it from? i was gpnna get a massive one like helen has the pool but i have no room now as there is a bed up there now so they have free run, this looks a good size and will fit xx
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:28 pm

It's from Tesco and it was just £10 it's a great size and so easy to put up x Thanks Tayer and Lou, do you think that wheel will be OK for a couple of months till I get Larry's one? x
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:32 pm

will have to have a look tomorrow xx
Back to top Go down

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Looks fab xx
Back to top Go down
christinelevis

christinelevis

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:05 pm

Looks really good Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.christinelevis.co.uk
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:48 pm

That's brilliant and ideal!

I had the same but in pink, I had 3 altogether (one is my Granddaughters - but nobody knew i used it!) so that I could organise my playtime and not have to stay up as late every night after everyone had their 'out and exercise' time. Now that I have the bigger ones, there's more room so that the girls can go out together and the boys can go out at the same time (not in together!) in the pink ones Very Happy

Life is much easier and I get to go to bed at a more decent time now Very Happy

It's nice to see that you're making every effort to do things properly. I try and see that all mine get at least two hours out doing whatever they want each night. The biggest thing that I have learnt is that because of how active hoggies are throughout the night, and the mileage that they cover, exercise is really important. Because my vivs are only 36 x 18 x 12 and have a wheel, toys, dishes pigloo and pouch, then it wouldn't be fair to keep them couped up all night in there.

I also let one of my hoggies 'stay out' all night and you can tell they've been busy when I go in first thing in the morning!

xoxox
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:02 am

Looks great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:47 am

Aww, looks great. Smile I have one of those wheels for Iori at the moment, and not a problem at all with it.x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:22 pm

yeah that wheel should be ok...as long as its 12"...i have the huge playpen/paddling pool from argos.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
tanzi

tanzi

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:37 pm

The wheel is 12 inches from the floor to the top of the wheel but the wheel is just about 11 inches or just under but it was the biggest one they do I think, is that OK? I haven't put the wheel in his viv yet but when he comes out at night and I put him in his playpen he has a wander round sits on the wheel and scratches then falls off (so funny lol) he hasn't really run in it yet although he squashes himself and goes underneath it....
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Hehe, Ody squishes himself under his wheel sometimes. Haha. Which is amazing for him given the size of him! Haha. Your wheel sounds like the one I have for Iori. Have no problems and easy to clean. Of course I love Larry's wheels and am picking mine from Helen soon, and returning the one she let me borrow, but there's nothing wrong with the blue savic one. I ve just been a Larry fan since he saved me when I worried about Ody's feet on the wheel he had originally. Larry was on the American website I was originally on, and he sent me a message and told me about his wheels and was just lovely. I was hooked and Ody's feet have been fine ever since. Smile iori is only ickle and the savic is a good size for him and not bad on his feet. The one I originally had for Ody was a silent spinner and I really felt it was making his pads sore and raw and swollen. Plus, it had gaps in, and I taped them up, but it was a bugger to clean.x
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Thanks Fionac he just doesn't seem interested in it at all yet that's why I haven't put it in his viv yet but maybe if I did he might use it, I am just a worrier and don't want him to hurt himself on it, maybe if he had it at night he wouldn't turn his viv so upside down lol x x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:29 pm

Pop his wheel in tonight and see if any magic happens Very Happy

He'll soon get used to it and then you'll be able to hear him wheeling away through the early hours Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Aww, I'm sure he'll get the hang of it. Maybe you could very gently put him on and very gently turn it really slowly, see if he stays on and tries to do it himself. If he looks scared or looks about to get off you could stop and let him. Maybe. Am sure he'll work it out for himself though. I think they all just have to get the point themselves. Maybe one day they just get on and walk and it turns and they think 'hmm, wait a minute!' Very Happy x
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Hehe, sorry Mel, didn't see you'd posted already. Follow Mel's advice! I would! Very Happy xx hope it's not a squeaky one! Hehe
Back to top Go down

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:14 pm

They will find their wheels and work them out - just pop it in with him xx
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:15 pm

Theodore took a few weeks to start wheeling now he loves it
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:19 pm

I am going to put it in with him tonight and see what happens, I have him on my lap at the moment he has been in his playpen for 25 minutes all he did was 5 poo's and a wee then went behind his wheel balled up and went to sleep so I have picked him up using his fleece blanket as he had balled up and didn't want to get spiked again, he just seems to sleep wrapped in his blanket has no interest in wandering around on the sofa at all just wants to sleep and huff is this normal?
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:26 pm

Sounds a bit like Iori. He just sleeps on me, has a little nose about later, but doesn't travel far from me. Think, in time, he'll build confidence. Used to find with Emo that he's sit and sleep or spikey ball till roughly 10.30pm. Then he would start to wake up and would wander around on me and the couch. Would clamber up to my shoulder and sit there and tickle me on the ear. Was a grump though, so if I moved or went to get him he'd ball up. Then he'd be like a hairbrush stuck in my hair. Haha.
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 pm

Theo hides in his play area. but will run on the couch funny little hoggies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Hee Hee love the hairbrush stuck in your hair, Shadow is all hidden in his blanket fast asleep so I will leave him there as he is peaceful, I never see him at any other time just for an hour and a half while he is sleeping on me he never comes out to eat in the day at all just at night when we have gone to bed (he is in the lounge) I don't go to bed till gone midnight and he has never been up and I get up at 7am and he is in bed again................ proper unsociable I think lol x
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:36 pm

Ody doesn't like being in the playpen. Just tries to climb out and paces the wall like a lifer in prison. Loves running round the hall though. I call him a free range hoggie. Sing to him as he's running 'give me land lots of land under starry skies above. Don't fence me in!' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shadows playpen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadows playpen
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next