Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadow 12 weeks old today

Go down 
+4
gems
Snufflehogs
tanzi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tanzi

tanzi

Shadow 12 weeks old today Empty
PostSubject: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Just thought I would post a pic of shadow just chilling ...........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 6:51 pm

He is a lovely boy xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Awwww, lovely little fella! Very Happy x
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Thank you, he is still a huffy puffy little chap and doesn't think much to being handled but one day he will come round, I still love him to bits anyway he sleeps on me every night wrapped up in his fleece but he now lays on his side just like a little dog and he looks sooo cute x x
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Awwww, how sweet! x
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Bless, small hoggie steps - always a step forward x
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:13 pm

aww little sweetie
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:25 pm

I spoke to soon tonight lol was he a huffy popping little boy tonight, for some reason he seemed quite nervy he jumped at all sorts of noises that don't normally bother him and every time I tried to pick him up he hissed like a rattle snake, must just be an off day I guess as he doesn't seem to be quilling anymore, well try again tomorrow night and see if he has calmed down if not I guess he will just not be a cuddler just a leave me alone type hoggy Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
christinelevis

christinelevis

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Aw sorry to hear you had an iffy night tonight - hopefully a one off, it sounds like it's been going really well Smile chin up xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.christinelevis.co.uk
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:40 pm

thanks Christine, I hope it was a one off, I think I upset him as when he first on my lap he took off and almost fell off the sofa ( he tends to just run really fast trying to hide I think) so I grabbed him but not hard at all but frightened him I think so he really balled up and hissed and huffed but it was my reaction to stop him falling, stupid stupid me, I hope he doesn't remember just that or I might have made him a lot more frightened of my hands and being picked up....................
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:42 pm

I have a huffy hog tanzi , I get him out for cuddles every day and he pops and huffs at me , sometimes he even make a noise like he's growling at me but I just ignore him and we have got a good bond now , he's still very vocal but doesn't ball up and is happy to be handled , it takes a lot of time and patience but you will build up a bond with him and you will begin to understand each others moods ! Lol . You are doing great with him just keep up the good work and you will reep the rewards In the end SmileSmile x
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Thank you Botty I will keep going with him I won't give up, he usually lets me stroke his back but tonight he just didn't want me to but hey ho tomorrow is another day x x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:35 pm

You will get there in the end and find a bond that works for you both - some just take more settling than others - I am handing over two hoggies tomorrow that are dropping quills all over the place xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:03 pm

he is beautiful .... ditto to all of the above ... he will make a little bit of progress each time you have him out hun x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:10 pm

Thanks Helen and Lou it was just a bit upsetting that I had to get hold of him quickly before he fell so that was a bad start to the night and he must of wondered what was happening poor little fella frightened him Sad I hope that he will be OK tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Better that you caught him than risked any injuries from a fall. Think of it that way. You're doing an excellent job and he will learn that mum is there to keep him safe.
I had a very grumpy hog who did not like to be held or stroked. He became ill sadly, but while he was he clearly showed me that he had known all along that I was looking after him and that he could gain comfort from me. They know who loves them and looks after them, even if like little children they sometimes appear to not show it and behave as they like. Keep up the good work, you;re doing great. xxx
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Aww thanks Fiona that's made me feel a lot happier, I never thought of it that way better to grab him than a fall it was just instinct but really made him jump and ball up and hiss but yes I am glad because if he had hurt himself I would have been so upset x x
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Exactly. Smile you did what was best for him, and that's all anyone can do. He'll forgive you just as quick. Smile xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow 12 weeks old today   Shadow 12 weeks old today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadow 12 weeks old today
Page 1 of 1