Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hedgehogs saved thanks to donations from Press readers

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Hedgehogs saved thanks to donations from Press readers Empty
PostSubject: Hedgehogs saved thanks to donations from Press readers   Hedgehogs saved thanks to donations from Press readers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
THIS cute little hedgehog is alive thanks to the generosity of readers of The Press.
Annette Pyrah, who runs [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wildlife Rescue, said an appeal for donations has seen hundreds of pounds flood in which has enabled her to buy a special piece of equipment called a brooder which is a heated container to help rear young animals.
Annette said: “Thanks to the generosity of Press readers, I have been able to purchase an essential, but very expensive piece of equipment, a Brinsea TLC Brooder which cost more than £500.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
“So far it has saved the lives of countless tiny animals and birds, including hedgehogs weighing under 50g and nestling birds, such as blue tits and finches, most being featherless and blind, and weighing in at only nine grams.”
Annette trained at one of the UK’s largest Wildlife Hospitals, the Vale in Gloucestershire, where she saw how important the Brooders could be to young animals,” she said.
“I think it’s important from my point of view, to say thanks and show what I’ve bought with the donations. The money was raised in just a week, I had some really great donations from people in the York area, so I’m very pleased.”
Annette also thanked The Plough in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Road, which holds regular fundraising quiz nights.

To support Selby Wildlife Rescue go to[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or phone 07803 180720
Back to top Go down

Hedgehogs saved thanks to donations from Press readers
Page 1 of 1