Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

She is Finally Here

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
miloson

She is Finally Here Empty
PostSubject: She is Finally Here   She is Finally Here Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:31 pm

Hello Everyone i have finally got my little Hoglet, she was born 28/11/2014 we have named her Poppy-Prickles. She is very Prickly, loves her Wheel . is Eating well and Poos a Lot.. Each day she is getting more Tame. We have had her since Saturday so its early days yet .. Can i ask would you play with her during the day or leave her to Sleep till Evening.. Smile

Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

PostSubject: Re: She is Finally Here   She is Finally Here Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Exciting times ahead for you as you start your new life with your prickly friend.

As she is still a baby, she will need to sleep in more in the day, there is nothing wrong with have a little cuddle during the day but with them being nocturnal it is best to do the main handling/playtime in the evening. x
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplyexotichedgehogs.co.uk
miloson

PostSubject: Re: She is Finally Here   She is Finally Here Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Thanks for the quick response so now i have your attention lol! she is in a wooden Vivarium, i have put liners on the bottom on top of the heat mat i then lay fleece on the whole of the floor then she has a fleece pouch i made . She sometimes gets right under the lot why is this ..
She does move around and sometimes just sits on top of the fleece
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

PostSubject: Re: She is Finally Here   She is Finally Here Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 5:42 pm

She will sleep where she is most comfy - I use log cabins for my breeding females and pigloos for my boys and a couple of my other girls - some are happy to use them to sleep in whereas others prefer to liner dive!
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplyexotichedgehogs.co.uk
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: She is Finally Here   She is Finally Here Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 7:07 pm

Aww how gorgeous, Poppy-Pickles is an adorable name hun.

Hugs
Jo xx
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: She is Finally Here   She is Finally Here Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 10:45 am

Hello, congratulations xxx Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
miloson

PostSubject: Re: She is Finally Here   She is Finally Here Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 11:45 pm

Thanks Everyone , when i get her out of her Vivarium she sometimes huffs and when i go to pick her up her Quills are really sharp so i wear Gloves . I don't really want to wear gloves but it hurts me.. Hubby has tougher hands so he is ok ..Any help with that would be great. She does wee and poo when we get her out tonight wee and poo on hubby, how do we limit this ..must say the poo does pong lol! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: She is Finally Here   She is Finally Here Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 2:14 pm

The pooing and weeing will stop as she gets older. All mine have usually stopped having accidents by about 4-5 months. As for the quills, if you handle her without the gloves you should get used to it in time. My husband has very sensitive hands and he's used to them now, apart from a couple of my rescues who are very grumpy. I was blessed with hands that can take the spikes. It's hot things I can't touch! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
miloson

PostSubject: Re: She is Finally Here   She is Finally Here Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 3:51 pm

I am looking for a Small Playpen to put her in with her Toys . Argos have one for 9.99 but the bottom of it would be difficult to keep clean if she soils it .. Can anyone recommend one i do not want to pay a fortune .I am also looking for an Igloo or similar.
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: She is Finally Here   She is Finally Here Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 5:09 pm

The argos one is about the cheapest. You can cover them in blankets to protect them. Ii actually put a bin liner under the blankets too. It is possible to clean them in the bath too, but yes it is a faff!

Igloo's are probably cheaper on ebay.

This is the cheapest I found:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then there is these:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The last one is a bit pricy, but it's gorgeous. There are wooden ones from Pets at Home too, that aren't too expensive. I have all 3 of the plastic ones and they are all good. I have wooden houses too. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: She is Finally Here   She is Finally Here Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 6:50 pm

i am sure she will get out of her grumpiness love, there aren't many like my Lewie.

Hugs
Jo xx
Back to top Go down
miloson

PostSubject: Re: She is Finally Here   She is Finally Here Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 12:29 am

Thanks again i will try and put some pictures of her on here soon,as i said in one of my earlier posts she is in a Wooden Vivarium. I put a disposable pad on the bottom that covers the whole of the Vivarium, i then lay fleece then she has a pouch i made and another piece over her. She does go right under the lot . What i am concerned about is the Smell of Urine it pongs.Of course its warm in there and with the wee it smells .. Any advise what i can do.. Will this get less and less as she gets older.. I have the Vivarium in my lounge and when i open the Vivarium it pongs .. thanks everyone. i do clean it each morning and the fleece are changed regular too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: She is Finally Here   She is Finally Here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

She is Finally Here
Page 1 of 1