Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cher, miss you!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MrJsk

MrJsk

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:40 am

Cher was one of my beautiful girls, that I sadly had to rehome about a year a go.

I was messaged out of the blue by a girl I used to go to school with, but have never actually spoken to, and she said her friend had a hedgehog that needed rehoming. I went to go have a look and was heartbroken at the conditions she were living in!

She had news paper substrate that was soggy from urine and poo, a small wooden bridge thingy, a broken heat mat and was living in a 1 x 1 foot vivarium!! She was so cold, poor thing. She had no wheel (couldn't have even fitted a wheel in there to be honest, and she was never handled or let out!!
This is how she were living..

Cher, miss you!  DSC_0713_zpsc085fc6e

Cher, miss you!  DSC_0711_zps8c2222e5

Cher, miss you!  DSC_0714_zpsc5f7dc22

Obviously I agreed to take her, as far as I were aware she was being neglected, and I knew I was NOT going to leave her there. Due to this being a spare of the moment decision and being properly prepared for a 3rd hedgehog. She DID have to live in that tiny vivarium for a couple of days after I brought her home. Obviously I cleaned it up and had a spare heat mat (not something I really like to use for hedgehogs).

Cher, miss you!  DSC_0716_zps9bb835b6

Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:46 am

Cor blimey, that is rather gross and disgusting!

Poor hoggie and glad you got her out and don't beat yourself over changes in circumstances, happened to me last year and I had to foster some of my hoggies out - you do your best for them - unlike this person as there is no excuse not to keep their homes clean - can never understand why people will pay good money for a pet not to look after them properly.

When I collected Poppy (Caz has her) she was in a tiny vivarium, kept on pelleted cat litter and with the litter tray in there she had no room at all - no wheel, never used a play pen as she didn't think they needed one or a wheel - when you go and get a rescue in person, you have to remain polite but try and educate people as to where they went wrong, the lady who had her said she felt like she was a really bad hoggie mummy by the time I had finished - ah well, can live with that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplyexotichedgehogs.co.uk
MrJsk

MrJsk

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:47 am

For some reason I can't find many other pictures of her. The links I used to post them on other forums don't seem to be working any more Sad they are about somewhere so will add pictures as and when I find them!

Cher, miss you!  1458417_10202625560503909_1385654217_n
Back to top Go down
MrJsk

MrJsk

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:57 am

Nellie wrote:
Cor blimey, that is rather gross and disgusting!  

Poor hoggie and glad you got her out and don't beat yourself over changes in circumstances, happened to me last year and I had to foster some of my hoggies out - you do your best for them - unlike this person as there is no excuse not to keep their homes clean - can never understand why people will pay good money for a pet not to look after them properly.

When I collected Poppy (Caz has her) she was in a tiny vivarium, kept on pelleted cat litter and with the litter tray in there she had no room at all - no wheel, never used a play pen as she didn't think they needed one or a wheel - when you go and get a rescue in person, you have to remain polite but try and educate people as to where they went wrong, the lady who had her said she felt like she was a really bad hoggie mummy by the time I had finished - ah well, can live with that.

I know, how could I have lived with myself if I had left her!?

I am just happy that I had he chance to meet her and get her out of that place. I know that where I sent her to she is being well looked after. That is enough to put a smile on my face Very Happy Gutted that the pictures on old threads on phuk are "broken" Sad will have to get my old phone out and try get the pictures off of there!

Oh no Shocked poor little Poppy. It must be so hard sometimes to not bash some sense into these people! It's right what you say.. surely if going to pay a lot of money for an animal, you'd want to make sure you are looking after it properly and do a bit of research into it first!? Bang head
Back to top Go down

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 11:37 am

This is so upsetting really is I couldn't keep calm some people plain don't deserve animals when poppy started to show me her face and sleeping on me I did cry I really don't know where she would of been if Helen hadn't found her I couldn't be without her she's my little girl xx
Back to top Go down
MrJsk

MrJsk

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 11:54 am

caznpaul wrote:
This is so upsetting really is I couldn't keep calm some people plain don't deserve animals when poppy started to show me her face and sleeping on me I did cry I really don't know where she would of been if Helen hadn't found her I couldn't be without her she's my little girl xx

Aw, you have mentioned a little bit about Poppy, she seems so lovely from the photo's!

That is how I felt with Cher, considering she was never handled and kept the way she was.. she was soo friendly. They are so innocent, breaks my heart when people treat them like that Sad
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 12:20 pm

I would never turn a hedgehog away that needed help - never xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplyexotichedgehogs.co.uk

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 1:41 pm

Everything you do is great Helen xx I will forever have hedgehogs now and I'm planning a tattoo of Oscar and poppy with butterflies and flowers may have a little bow added to Poppy's head but think that will be a birthday treat for myself in July just getting some designs together maneki neko are amazing artists xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 4:24 pm

Awwww, so glad you took her - that is shocking! I love my rescues. I take on the grumpy ones! They are just scared that's all - not grumpy at all really. Some of the things I've seen and heard are heartbreaking. I will never understand it. My babies come first and always will.
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
hoggyhugs

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 6:17 pm

That is sick and disgusting, I would make them live that way. Lewie is cleaned out every day and has lots of attention. She is such a little beauty. I am so glad you rescued her love. Are her little feet sore from standing in urine?

Hugs
Jo xx
Back to top Go down
MrJsk

MrJsk

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 1:28 am

This was just over a year ago. I don't have any hedgehogs at the moment Sad

I don't know how anybody could think it's acceptable to keep any animal like that! Her feet were fine, surprisingly. She was prone to hibernation attempts though, so always had to keep a close eye on her.

She went to somebody who was a good friend of mine, unfortunately lost contact from moving around so much. But I know she is well cared for where she is!!
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 6:14 pm

A happy ending, that is really good love. I agree, to keep an animal in those conditions, what are they thinking?

Hugs
JO xx
Back to top Go down
MrJsk

MrJsk

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 6:43 am

hoggyhugs wrote:
A happy ending, that is really good love. I  agree, to keep an animal in those conditions, what are they thinking?

Hugs
JO xx

It's so upsetting and makes me so angry when you see the way some people treat these beautiful animals!!
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 8:27 pm

I could see them hang, it makes me so furious!!!

Hugs
JO xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cher, miss you!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher, miss you!    Cher, miss you!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cher, miss you!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum :: Pictures :: Hedgehog pictures-
Jump to: