Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello all from Essex

Go down 
+3
nickyhi
Nellie
Emmab
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Emmab

Hello all from Essex Empty
PostSubject: Hello all from Essex   Hello all from Essex Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 6:53 am

Very Happy I'm brand new to this forum and ....well...brand new to APHs also! I'm at the "gathering information" stage at present so I know as much as I can about these wonderful little creatures before we finally get one. I'm on the forum to gain as much knowledge about housing, feeding etc and where to get the best bits from etc. I'm married, with two sons at primary school. My main hobby is caring for our family of 19 Guinea pigs who we exhibit nationally and occasionally breed.

Looking forwards to joining in on the forum now that I've worked out how to start a new thread lol! All forums are so different, layout and volume of visitors too! Hoping this is a good one! cheers
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Essex   Hello all from Essex Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 10:47 am

Hi Emma and welcome to the forum.

All takes time to work out how the work - I am still learning.

All the ladies have worked hard to make sure we share as much information as we can but also keep everything friendly and have a laugh along the way - there will always be somebody about to help out with any advice you may need.

I am Helen - aka Nellie or Mad Moose or The Sadist - depends which "friend" it is!!

I have 15 African Pygmy Hedgehogs and I have been a breeder for 6 years plus

I currently look after a native wild hedgehog called Iris - she cannot be released into the wild as she had lung worm as a baby and it has damaged her lungs, she spends her time with me and will come along to the various fund raisers we go to throughout the year to help raise funds for our native hedgehogs which is something we have done for the last five years.

I also have two doggies, a westie cross called Diddy Dog and our rescue Snoozehound of a Greyhound called Emma - the little dog is the boss.

My son Nick is almost 20 - most of the time he is a thoughtful soul but the odd occasion I do offer him up free to a good home as at 6ft odd, he is too big to shove back!!!

I think it is fair to say that we are all possibly as mad as hatters but our hearts are definately in the right place.

One warning - hedgehogs are addictive!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplyexotichedgehogs.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Essex   Hello all from Essex Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 11:06 am

Hi Emma welcome to the forum I have 3 hoggies Oscar poppy and tinker, poppy is my rescue hoggy if you ever need any help were all here to help all the girls have helped me so much xx
Back to top Go down
Emmab

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Essex   Hello all from Essex Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 2:40 pm

Thanks ladies! It's always good to know you can get good honest advice from the "experts"......
As the Guinea pigs are my passion...I will be on grave trouble if these hogs are addictive. Not good for me. I plan to stick to the one who will get lots of attention....

Looking forwards to contributing!
Back to top Go down
nickyhi

nickyhi

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Essex   Hello all from Essex Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi Emma. You'll find everyone so helpful on here Smile

I have one hog called Tia and a house full of other pets including 7 guinea pigs, 8 rabbits (mainly giants), 2 tenrecs (who are adorable) 3 dogs, 3 cats, various hamsters, gerbils and chinchillas and 10 bantams. I also have a horse about 20 minutes from home and a donkey who lives at my mums.

Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Essex   Hello all from Essex Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 5:43 pm

A very warm welcome love.

Hugs
JO xx
Back to top Go down
Emmab

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Essex   Hello all from Essex Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 6:39 pm

nickyhi wrote:
Hi Emma. You'll find everyone so helpful on here Smile

I have one hog called Tia and a house full of other pets including 7 guinea pigs, 8 rabbits (mainly giants), 2 tenrecs (who are adorable) 3 dogs, 3 cats, various hamsters, gerbils and chinchillas and 10 bantams. I also have a horse about 20 minutes from home and a donkey who lives at my mums.

Wowsers!! I bet that lot keep you busy!!

I'm sure as time gets nearer/ or when I've got my own little hog let, the w
Questions will start poring out. Looking at best equipment food etc at the mo!
I'm visiting the breeder in ten days time.
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Essex   Hello all from Essex Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi Emma!!! Very Happy

Welcome to the forum!

I'm Melanie and I've been keeping hedgehogs for just over 3 years and breeding for 2. Helen is right they are addictive. I got my first hoggie Hercules off Helen and some 15 hedgehogs later my life is ruled by them, haha! I wouldn't change it though. I'm also owned by a cat, 2 corn snakes, a tortoise and a tenrec. I foster wild hedgehogs over winter who are too small to hibernate too. I like to think of it as a mini zoo!!!

Any questions - ask away. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Essex   Hello all from Essex Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 6:28 pm

I am hoggyless at the moment too love, I am waiting for a friendly rescue one to come along.

Hugs
Jo xx
Back to top Go down
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Essex   Hello all from Essex Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi I am sue and I live in Cheshire near Helen aka Nellie
I had Errol first but lost him a month ago now have another hoglet naimed daisy I also have a schnoozing mini schnauzer called Rosie welcome to the forum it is a fab place to learn about these fantastic hoggies and meet new friends x
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Essex   Hello all from Essex Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:59 pm

Hi Emma..welcome to the mad house Very Happy
Im nikki and i have 3 hoggies millie who has just turned 6
Bailey and skye..i also have 2 doggies a lurcher called Brax
And a saluki called molly.

Oh and Hoggies are very addictive Very Happy x
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Essex   Hello all from Essex Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 6:55 pm

You also have a streaker living in your house as well Nikki Noodle!
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Essex   Hello all from Essex Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 8:22 pm

Shuuuush..don't tell everyone Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

PostSubject: Re: Hello all from Essex   Hello all from Essex Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 8:46 pm

Sorry just did!!
Back to top Go down

Hello all from Essex
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum :: Welcome :: Introductions-
Jump to: