Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Petrified postmen .......

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Petrified postmen ....... Empty
PostSubject: Petrified postmen .......   Petrified postmen ....... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:20 am

ordered to stay away from Snowball the cat

Frightened postal workers have been banned from delivering letters to one notoriously hazardous address after being repeatedly 'attacked' by a three-year-old cat called Snowball.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Following a thorough investigation the Royal Mail has stopped its workers from delivering mail to the address after labelling the black and white moggy a 'health and safety risk'.

Despite being described as 'absolutely harmless' by owner Ian Wilkinson, the UK's postal service said Snowball posed an 'unacceptably high level of risk'.

Royal Mail said three employees suffered 'quite deep cuts' after all being attacked by the 10inch tall feline.

Mr Wilkinson, 46, said he was shocked when he received a letter from Royal Mail saying its workers would no longer be delivering mail to his home in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.

The letter said the postal ban will continue until he has found a way of stopping Snowball from attacking its workers.

The computer analyst said: 'It’s utterly ridiculous.

'I have never seen her attack a person. Sometimes she sniffs people’s feet when they come over for dinner - that’s as vicious as she gets.'

He also said he could not see how it was possible for his pet to have attacked the three posties: 'Although I acknowledge that my cat is a very intelligent animal, she is not able to lift up a spring loaded flap, keep it open, push her paw through a double brush guard and maul an unsuspecting delivery person in the time it take to delivery of the letter.'

'I respect postmen come out in all sorts of weather conditions, but they are in serious danger of making the Post Office a laughing stock.'

A neighbour added: 'Snowball is a lovely cat and friendly. I can’t imagine her ever attacking anybody.'

However Royal Mail has insisted Mr Wilkinson will not receive any mail until an 'alternative safe delivery point' has been put in place.

A spokesman added: 'There are around 4,000 animal attacks a year on Royal Mail people.

'These attacks cause great distress and in too many cases serious injuries.'

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Petrified postmen .......   Petrified postmen ....... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:36 am

why dont the owner put a basket or summit over the letter box, easily sorted...or lock the cat from the hall way in the morning.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs

PostSubject: Re: Petrified postmen .......   Petrified postmen ....... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:49 am

Could just put a letter box on the wall - lots of people do that instead of having an actual letter box in the door - funny though x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Petrified postmen .......   Petrified postmen ....... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:51 am

yeah like americans and rich people do...lmao.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Petrified postmen .......   Petrified postmen ....... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:53 am

My dogs bark at the letter box and anybody who knocks on the door - lets people know that there are dogs in the house and Jack does have a really deep bark - makes them think x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Petrified postmen .......   Petrified postmen ....... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:23 am

yeah mine too....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petrified postmen .......   Petrified postmen ....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Petrified postmen .......
Page 1 of 1