Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kellyzhogz

kellyzhogz

My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Empty
PostSubject: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:37 pm

I'm getting 2 new hoglets in 2 weeks off Charlie and thought Charlie, and everyone else might like to see the progress and maybe give me any advice on DIY!

I'm so far doing ok though. I've got a 3 stack viv stack and going to use the top two as there houses with a ramp between them and the bottom as storage or a spare viv should the girls not get on when older.
(they are "sisters" and living together at the mo! I've took advice from Charlie and they will have 2 of everything!)

I've so far painted a backing on to plywood( one hello kitty one fairys,) they still need the vets cutting out the back and I'm going to cover them in plastic so they can be wiped down.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
kellyzhogz

kellyzhogz

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:40 pm

I'm also changing doors from glass to fly mesh to stop it smelling the dinning room out! Lol

More pics!
One of the hello kitty( I painted it myself!)

And the fairys

Still needs vents citing out the back, and plastic going on and securing in, but I think it will look great!!
Back to top Go down
kellyzhogz

kellyzhogz

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:42 pm

My little boy had to get in on the first pic! Lol

And here's a pic of the doors I've cut! Still got to cut a "window" out and put the fly mesh on!

Back to top Go down
kellyzhogz

kellyzhogz

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:47 pm

What do you all think???

I'm going to try get White fly mesh so it looks lighter! Think ive seen it on eBay, any one else?

Also any ideas on the ramp? How to cut it ou? How long does it need to be? What wood to use? I'm thinking melamine so I can wipe it down!

I've also put sum electrics in, a ceramic heat emitter. Got a stat for it so in the colder months they will always be warm! There's one on each level!

Do u think it looks good? I'm very impressed so far! cheers
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Looks great !!! You could have left the glass in no reason why you can't mine have glass and i think it looks better the fly mesh .. i just have lots of extra vents in the back . My vivs don't smell ..x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
kellyzhogz

kellyzhogz

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Mine have a few vents, and tbh my little boy broke one of the glass, so one needed replacing anyway!
My oh always moans at the smell, and when they in cages they don't smell so hoping this will. Help.

I will try make the mesh look nice, and I'm going to paint the plywood so it looks nice.

X
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:30 pm

if u fablon the bottom they are easily wiped .

Last edited by Machete Lou on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:33 pm

they look fab....i have perspex......it keeps the smell in and i have 4 huge vents.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
kellyzhogz

kellyzhogz

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:47 pm

The bottoms wipeable anyway, or do u mean on the doors? X
Back to top Go down
kellyzhogz

kellyzhogz

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:50 pm

One just smell wen in a viv but not in a cage, think it's cuz of ventilation!?

I'll do the mesh doors, if I don't like them I can ways get a new glass door and put them back on!!

Do u like my paintings?I'm very proude n think rhea and Athena will love it!!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:12 pm

putting Fablon on the bottom of the viv protects the wood from any urine that may soak through , as after time the wood would hold the smell .x Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kellyzhogz

kellyzhogz

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:26 pm

Good idea!! I'll have to get sum more! Only got enough to cover my backing! I'm covering the sides with wallpaper too, guess I'll need to cover that too!

I think this is gonna be hard work! Just put the wallpaper in( not properly stuck down then tried to put the backing it n I nearly ripped the paper! Need a steady hand n no kids about I think! Lol
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Its looking good , looking forward to seeing it finished .x
Back to top Go down
kellyzhogz

kellyzhogz

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Have u got sum Charlie? I think I've fount sum on eBay, just hoping it's the right stuff. I'll try post a link.

And ideas on the ramp? My oh using a jigsaw to cut it but no idea how big the hole needs to be or the length of the ramp? N does it need "steps" on it? X
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:08 pm

its best to have some sort of steps on there i have heard lollipop sticks coated in Upva glue ...x
Back to top Go down
kellyzhogz

kellyzhogz

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:11 pm

Might get my oh to put sum wooden steps on? Or I'll do that( I'm sure it's a job I can do with a drill, lol)

Has any1 covered wallpaper in fablon? Not sure if to do it before it's in or wen it's in? Might just leave the sides if its too much hard work!!?
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Looking good. i got mesh from flyscreen queen and for the ramp steps i used some dowling
from b and q. sanded the edges down so they were rounded off. x
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:37 pm

I sealed wood with pva glue then stuck on some self adhesive vinyl floor tiles xx
Back to top Go down
kellyzhogz

kellyzhogz

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:42 pm

Uhhh, I like the pva glue idea for the ramp! As I find that fablon doesnt stick very well! I could put glitter in it!! Smile

I might have to buy the mesh, as I need it fun befor I get the hogs really n Ive got a glass missing so couldn't use them till I fixed it!

Just need to keep on at my oh to cut the doors and the viv so I can finish it! Not sure I can do it myself!

I suggested using a stanley nknife to cut the wood door windows out n got laughed at!! I'm not allowed power tools!
Back to top Go down
kellyzhogz

kellyzhogz

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:05 pm

Lol I would but tbh I don't trust myself! If I messed up my whole stack would be useless!! So I might be best just begging!
Although u might have a go at my doors with a Stanley knife! Twisted Evil

Hope u don't mind Charlie, I stole the pic of the girls for my avatar, they look so sweet!! When you get chance please post more x x
Back to top Go down
kellyzhogz

kellyzhogz

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:35 am

He's given me a drill!!!
Although I can't cut doors or my viv floor out with it! It's a start!

Know what I'll be doing today! Practising drilling! We may need a plasterer! Lol
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:03 am

You'll need a jigsaw for door & floor cutting out - you could just say you are going to the shop for a jigsaw - he might think you were going for the puzzle Twisted Evil . Jigsaws are only cheap - got one from b&q for under a tenner!
Back to top Go down
kellyzhogz

kellyzhogz

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:04 am

He has got one, but I've no idea were or how to use one. I'll keep begging tonight! Lol
X
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:08 am

Google for a demonstration!x Tip: Wear kneepads for begging, or else you could end up with nothing but sore knees! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!   My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My viv stack for my new hoglets rhea & Athena!
Page 1 of 1