Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**

Go down 
+10
christinelevis
Melody
HuffyHoglet
nickyhi
A M Y
gems
Lou
hoggyhugs
zombiewoman
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lou

Lou

Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:44 am

Like the corner litter tray.. Does he not have a wheel Nicky ? They love them. X
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
nickyhi

nickyhi

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:47 am

He has a wheel on the litter behind his bed. He only uses it occasionally, it is a little stiff and even though it is meant to be silent it isn't. Have ordered one of Larry's wheel as hope he prefers that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:53 am

I recognise those liners - looks lovely xx
Back to top Go down
nickyhi

nickyhi

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:59 am

Spike does like having his blue hedgehog to sleep with

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HuffyHoglet

HuffyHoglet

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 3:52 pm

I dont think I will use liners- they would get too dirty with pee, and that was bad with my rats Smile does anyone else have wire cages?
Back to top Go down
A M Y

A M Y

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 3:58 pm

No as hoggies can climb them and get their legs caught. You would need to block off the bars at the bottom if you wanted a wire cage
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:06 pm

liners are easy to clean with hedgehogs x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Like Amy said wire cages are not recommended unless you block the bottom bars as they can climb
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:07 pm

I used to keep rats myself so know what you mean. Rats can be litter trained for poops but just pee as they walk, its all about them scenting where they go.... However, most hoggies are clean and will use their litter tray. I have the Larry's wheel with a tray and all mine use this. I just put kitchen roll in it and it's fab.

I find liners the best thing to use, it's nice and snug and warm. Looks good too. Honestly, if I were you I would give liners a go. Keeping hedgehogs on liners is nowhere like keeping rats. I change my liners probably every 3 days, 2 of my hoggies would get away with once a week but I just change them anyway, to fill the washing machine Very Happy

With regards to wired cages, it's best not to as hoggies can get their feet caught in the vats. If you can, use either a large zoozone 2 or a viv. If you did ave a wired cage, then it's best that you fit Perspex around the bottom so that it prevents the hedgehog from trying to climb. Again, whilst rats love to climb and are excellent acrobats, hoggies aren't.

xoxox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:09 pm

That was the word I was looking for Melody - perspex, my mind went totally blank!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Mine use their litter trays I actually prefer liners . No I don't personally like wire cages , like everyone has said better to block them off to be on the safe side .

Zozozones 2 which is 36 inches is the recommended siZe I personally prefer vivs ...
Back to top Go down
HuffyHoglet

HuffyHoglet

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:59 pm

yeah, i would block it off, it is just that it comes in the package i wanted to get.
Back to top Go down
HuffyHoglet

HuffyHoglet

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 5:00 pm

it is a Den-213 and the stuff comes in the package, including the hedgehog.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 5:02 pm

I personally like to purchase my own housing .. as i no what im buying .. but each to their own :O~) x

Last edited by Lou on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HuffyHoglet

HuffyHoglet

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 5:04 pm

I might sell it and get a new cage, but I dont think i will. does anyone know where i can get liners if i wanted to try them?
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 5:06 pm

You can purchase them off Nellie ....in recommended sellers .. she makes to size but requests payment up front from newer members Very Happy hope that helps .x
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 5:11 pm

my first cage was a hand made one, the idea originated from America, it was good but im glad i moved to vivs. as Thistle grew she could climb out easily so im glad i found that out from using it as a play area! haha x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 8:49 pm

poppets viv, all it needs now is a castle...

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 8:51 pm

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

flints on the bottom, maverick in the middle and haimish ontop, awaiting to find some scottish stickers....if anyone see's anything let me know.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 6:19 am

looking good Tayer ......

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 am

Will look better with your tartan liners - going to pack them up tonight along with your heaters and courier them out to you chuck xx
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:57 am

look great xx
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:11 am

Fab Tayer Very Happy xx

xoxox
Back to top Go down
christinelevis

christinelevis

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:40 am

Looks great Smile xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.christinelevis.co.uk
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Nellie wrote:
Will look better with your tartan liners - going to pack them up tonight along with your heaters and courier them out to you chuck xx

Thanks Helen...x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**   Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy** - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our hedgehog accommodations & set-ups...**picture heavy**
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next