Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introducing Sticky

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Went to see the lovely Virgina at Warrington today to take another wildie in for foster care.

This little one was found on a road by a farm where a lot of building work had been going on - on examination, Virginia found that both front feet were coated in a sticky stubstance which has glued all the front toes together, on top of this, there was the same substance on the nose and also in the mouth making it very difficult for the baby to eat.

Virginia has managed to clean one foot and free the toes, remove the majority from the second foot and also remove some of the gunk from the baby's mouth - she is hoping that this will not be a toxic substance but only time will tell.

The baby was syringe fed some high protein food and readily took it, the baby had a really gurgly tummy due to being really hungry so it will be syringe feeding a little and often

We were not able to determine the sex as it was more important not to stress the baby any more than necessary - I was allowed to take one quick photo whilst giving Sticky a cuddle

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I will get an update on Sticky tomorrow.

On a side note to Sticky, Virginia has said that a lot of the Autumnal babies are having difficulties after they have been weaned and she is currently getting 2 in a day - not all are surviving so every bit of help we can offer is so appreciated.

I am also pleased to say that Virginia is being inspected next week to become a Vet Certified Carer which will help her greatly by allowing her to stock vital medications which can be admininstered quickly if needed - she has a lot of experience and is a fountain of knowledge and a genuinely nice lady and I feel very lucky that when I go and take babies I am getting more and more insight into the work that our carers do and getting a little more hands on and am trusted to hold these cute babies.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Sticky was lucky i hope he does well ...and i hope she gets verified that would be awesome
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:25 pm

Awww bless hope he does ok he's a little cutie x
Back to top Go down
janey

janey

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Hope Sticky pulls through he is gorgeous x
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:59 pm

Awww Sticky is gorgeous - hope he/she pulls through!
Back to top Go down

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Should rename as sssssssticky
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:23 pm

Wicked you are...Sadist!!
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:28 pm

For the first time in a very long time, today I saw a wildie squashed in the road Sad now then, before I got mixed up with you lot, they were just something that happened, no real feeling about them but today I actually felt very sad about this poor little dead spiky blob...just thought I would share this...xx
Back to top Go down

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:39 pm

ssssssheila get up my way and I will take you over to meet Virginia - one hour in there and you will be a mushy mess x
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:20 pm

You are trying to destroy me Sadist... lol!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 8:46 am

I think its so sad when i see roadkill as they are slowly dying out ..x :O(
Back to top Go down

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 7:52 am

Sad news I am afraid, Sticky has unfortunately passed away - Virginia believes that he had ingested some of the glue substance - he had comfort for his final hours.

Here is the email

"First of all just to let you know the hoglet with the glue on it died same night, it probably did ingest some of the stuff poor little hoggy.I have quite a few little hoglets come in during last few days, one was resced from boys using it as a football in widnes, another found beside it's dead mum in a park in wigan,two attacked by a dog ( one of these in a bad way), one from a busy road in Birchwood, one brought in this morning by a lady who found it yesterday and decided to take it home and put it in her garden for the night where it deteriorated and by the time she brought it today it was already dying.. poor little thing."

Feeling sad at the moment.
Back to top Go down

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:06 am

Omg poor little guys that is so sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:07 am

Awww gutted that Sticky never made it .. so sorry to hear this Helen . Virginia is so busy .. glad we can help her ..x
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:10 am

awww it's so sad. all these poor little hoggies. would like to get the kids using one as a football because i would use there heads No
Back to top Go down
janey

janey

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:11 am

Aww how sad, poor little mite. xx
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:02 am

So so sad to hear this.. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introducing Sticky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sticky   Introducing Sticky Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing Sticky
Page 1 of 1