Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helping Hedgehogs in the UK

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Helping Hedgehogs in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Helping Hedgehogs in the UK   Helping Hedgehogs in the UK Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 10:18 am

No apologies for the capitals ,the following info is for anyone who on hearing the word "Hedgehog" can only come up with "oh yes they are full of fleas".Those of us who rescue/rehabilitate hogs are well used to hearing this commonly used retort which is usually made by individuals who know absolutely nothing about Hedgehogs,allegedly this same comment was made by two well known news readers this morning on tv,
Anyone who has worked with/rescued/have experience of Hedgehogs will tell you the following CORRECT information =
NOT ALL HEDGEHOGS HAVE FLEAS, AND ANYWAY HEDGEHOG FLEAS ARE HOST SPECIFIC, THEY ONLY LIKE LIVING ON HEDGEHOGS,ANYONE WITH ANY INTELLIGENCE WILL KNOW THERE IS FAR MORE INTERESTING FACTS RELATING TO HEDGEHOGS THAN THAT SOME MAY HAVE FLEAS.
PLEASE NEVER BE DETERRED FROM HELPING A POORLY/INJURED HEDGEHOG SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU THINK IT MAY HAVE FLEAS,
WOULD YOU WALK AWAY AND REFUSE TO HELP AN INJURED DOG OR CAT BECAUSE IT MAY HAVE FLEAS?

OUR NATIVE HEDGEHOGS ARE IN SERIOUS DECLINE,THEY NEED OUR HELP,PLEASE DON'T IGNORE THEM.

Two other points i need to comment on, i recently saw some comments that need correcting on a posting about Hedgehogs on another group forum,
Someone referred to Hedgehogs as rodents, they are NOT rodents.
They also stated Hedgehogs are classed as vermin, again this INCORRECT.
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Helping Hedgehogs in the UK   Helping Hedgehogs in the UK Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:13 pm

I can't believe that anyone as stated that they are classed as vermin!
xoxox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helping Hedgehogs in the UK   Helping Hedgehogs in the UK Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:58 pm

Me neither - not good to have on TV x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helping Hedgehogs in the UK   Helping Hedgehogs in the UK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helping Hedgehogs in the UK
Page 1 of 1