Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Photo of the Week

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Photo of the Week Empty
PostSubject: Photo of the Week   Photo of the Week Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This Kestrel was photographed at Colwick Country Park in Nottingham by Paul Shaw. During the summer months you'll frequently see Kestrels hovering over grassland, surveying the ground for vice and voles. But at this time of year there are less prey items to be found so they save energy by watching the ground from leafless trees. Paul used a Nikon D7000 with a 500mm F4 lens.
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Photo of the Week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photo of the Week   Photo of the Week Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:03 am

It amazes me how they know to conserve their energy due to a shortage of food...

xoxox
Back to top Go down

Photo of the Week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photo of the Week   Photo of the Week Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:32 am

I was coming home from Marbury the other day and just as I drove down the hollow, a Buzzard flew over the top of my car - was only about three foot off the car roof - stunning x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

Photo of the Week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photo of the Week   Photo of the Week Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Beautiful birdy.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Photo of the Week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photo of the Week   Photo of the Week Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Photo of the Week
Page 1 of 1