Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs

Go down 
+5
Botty31
Lou
HH
gems
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Empty
PostSubject: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:13 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:13 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:14 pm

Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:03 pm

really good and usefull post
Back to top Go down
HH

HH

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Great post but it has left me with some questions. I have a heat pad which is metal and is roughly the width of the zoozone, is this ok to use with a thermostat attached? I was going to put it in an adapted fleece cover in the cage itself with igloo on top is this safe for the hog? I haven't got a space heater and don't know how a ceramic heater will fit on the cage. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:28 pm

Yes .. It is H i have a thermostat attached to mine ....

Most of us have vivs .. a heatmat will be fine but needs to be checked regulary and i tend not to put mine in the cage just underneath x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
HH

HH

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:16 pm

Ok will put underneath... (You'll prob giggle) but does the length matter?! Razz It doesn't reach the whole length of the cage should I just put it under the centre or directly under the corner where bed will be?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:06 am

They need to be able to move off the mat in case they get too warm - I would put it so that you have an equal gap at both sides - centralise the mat across the cage.
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:19 am

My heat mats are mounted to the side of the cage and there pouches sit against it , is this ok ? X
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:22 am

Fine Jo xx
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:23 am

Smile thanks helen x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:09 am

Yeah some people pop them on the back more difficult with a zozozone half and half Hannah like Helen said x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
HH

HH

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:42 am

Fab thank you for your help xx
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Really useful post, thanks Helen.x
Back to top Go down
zombiewoman

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Great post Helen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Qute-Quillz/318392471572041
christinelevis

christinelevis

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:30 pm

great post xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.christinelevis.co.uk
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Lewie is in a constantly heated room which he shares with my hermit crabs who also have to be warm.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs   Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Article on Heating for your Hedgehogs
Page 1 of 1