Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) Empty
PostSubject: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham)   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Great news!

My star hedgehog little Julius has just come out of hibernation at 03:00 hrs GMT, he weighes 697 grams.

He is very cold, wet and hungery so I have brought him indoors for the night as its blowing a gale here, starting to snow and a temp of 1.0 C.

He looks ok, no ticks or ringworm. I've been very worried about him all Winter as he had fluke eggs in his poo the last time I saw him last Aug.

I'm so pleased to see him!
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham)   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:44 am

awww bless xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham)   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Panic stations last night!
Just going to bed last night at 02:30 when I saw my star hedgehog Julius in the feeder.
He was immediately grabbed as it was below zero with almost gale fore NE wind and it was snowing.

With 7 cages and now 9 hedgehogs the emergency plan was put into operation and my largest storage box was emptied onto the floor and turned into emergency accommodation.
He was very cold and hungry so I carried him into the lounge by the fire to recover, you can see in the picture that he looks a bit worse for wear.
I have known Julius since July 2011 when I found him as a baby living in a box of rubbish in my garage, he was full of worms and covered in cobblestone ticks it took me until the middle of Aug to get him right, but he successfully hibernated and reappeared on the 6th March 2012.
I saw him throughout the Summer of 2012 and I last saw him at the end of Aug when fluke eggs were seen in his sample, but then he disappeared and was not seen again until last night, so he is going to be extensively test over the coming days.

Julius feature's as my cover picture on both of my Facebook pages and he is also on my hedgehog posters.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham)   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham)
Page 1 of 1