Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEED A HOG CHECK ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

NEED A HOG CHECK ? Empty
PostSubject: NEED A HOG CHECK ?   NEED A HOG CHECK ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:39 am

We are getting queries about hogs still in hibernation -- while the wild ones have to take care of themselves there are a few things you can do if you are fostering a hog in an outside hog house or in a hutch inside

1= CAREFULLY check the hog is alive --I know it sounds daft but some do die in hibernation

2--GENTLY stroke the spines -- they should bristle and you may get an angry huff for your trouble !!

3-- weigh the hedgehog

--add extra bedding -- and asmall bowl of dry cat food to the hutch and make sure there is fresh water

IF YOU ARE VERY CONCERNED and the hog is very small --bring in to a warmer place and he should wake up

We have never ever lost a hog in hibernation yet -- so dont worry too much. A hog that has lost a lot of weight will simply have to be fed up for longer before release.Also there are very FEW wild hogs around yet -- even comet the rescue hog hasnt stirred f so we simply check on her each week

TRY NOT TO WORRY !!!THE CALENDER MAY SAY IT S EASTER AND SPRING A BUT THE WILDLIFE KNOWS IT ISNT -- !!!
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

NEED A HOG CHECK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED A HOG CHECK ?   NEED A HOG CHECK ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:57 am

Very good post. fingers crossed for warmer weather
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

NEED A HOG CHECK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED A HOG CHECK ?   NEED A HOG CHECK ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:17 pm

Do you no i havent seen lucky ludo .. at all i hope thats a good thing ...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
gems

gems

NEED A HOG CHECK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED A HOG CHECK ?   NEED A HOG CHECK ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:43 pm

Does she visit your garden lou?
Back to top Go down
horsy

horsy

NEED A HOG CHECK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED A HOG CHECK ?   NEED A HOG CHECK ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:04 pm

Same here Lou not seen my regular wildes yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NEED A HOG CHECK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED A HOG CHECK ?   NEED A HOG CHECK ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEED A HOG CHECK ?
Page 1 of 1