Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hedgehog Bottom

Go down 
+2
gems
hoggyhugs
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage

Hedgehog Bottom  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Bottom    Hedgehog Bottom  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:21 am

Just in case anyone is interested, hint hint, Biscuit has just reached 500g. She's now living with another girl that came in at around the same time called Cosy and both appear to be doing well.

My blind lady is no longer blind. She can now see my fingers so her aim has got a lot better. The abscess seems to have subsided and the weight loss has stalled. I now have some hope she will survive this but being a very old lady, whether she will survive hibernation is another matter.

The tiddler that was caught by the front leg in a log roll was causing a great deal of concern and still is. Part of the foot has died and there was no blood supply even though the swelling has gone down. I was working myself up to the inevitable and gave one last gasp attempt to do something about it, spending a good half hour massaging the foot much harder than I normally would.

To my amazement a small scab on one toe suddenly started to bleed. I also thought I detected a slight movement in the leg so inevitable cancelled, for now.

The little boy whose back foot was chomped by his litter mates is another problem one. The foot had completely de-gloved and is now just one massive scab which he hates and keep shaking his back foot trying to get rid of it. It remains to be seen what will be left of the foot once the scab comes off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Bottom    Hedgehog Bottom  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 4:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Look what just arrived. Little girl 110g named Stanhope Harrie 6th (not by me)

We are now crammed full. Any of our over-winterers from last year who can take indoor hogs please shout. We have a lot of offers for outsides but most of what we have isn't big enough to hibernate yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Bottom    Hedgehog Bottom  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Another little one in this morning. Looked a bit thin and wormy until close inspection showed three infected bite wounds. Now on the hunt for a fourth wound unless anyone knows a 3 toothed dog.

Three large hogs that came in as tiny babies have just gone off to overwinter with the long suffering Jo.

Another one coming in this afternoon and an amputee due back from the vet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Bottom    Hedgehog Bottom  - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hedgehog Bottom
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10