Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion??

Go down 
+3
Melody
tayer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tayer
tayer

cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion?? Empty
PostSubject: cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion??   cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

i was just thinking how or what products people clean their hoggies pad with?? normally i would remove dirty liners, hoover the crums then use a wet wipe to clean poo up, but im finding it difficult with the hard poo!! lol

what is harmful and what is ok to use? some products are very strong smelling and what if they lick the unit?

i did look into hibi scrub, which i know lou uses, i was using it coz i could get it from work....but its been stopped...we cant use it anymore coz there is something found init that doesnt kill spores/bacteria.....anyways, to buy it in the chemist its £10 for a tiny tub.

so whats your cleaning routine and what cleaning products do you use?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs

PostSubject: Re: cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion??   cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Available on Ebay - you have to dilute the product but it lasts ages and is totally safe - if you spray it on you it will not harm you - what we use at the shop.
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion??   cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:43 am

ahhh ill look into that...thanks x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion??   cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:05 am

I've heard about that F10, supposed to be really good. I wasn't sure myself what was safe so I've just used really hot water and washing up liquid.
To be honest, Ernie isn't really that dirty, quite a clean little hoggie. Up to now, I change his 4 squares of kitchen roll each morning, wash his wheel and have been washing his liner once a week.

xoxox
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion??   cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:07 am

i was doing the same mel, but with 2 hoggies in 1 pad and a baby who cant run down 2 flights ov stairs quick enough...its becoming messy...lol
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion??   cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:40 am

I use white vinger , in a bowl of hot water and some washing up liquid ... i then give it a wipe over with white vinger on some kleenex it kills the smells and is cheap .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion??   cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:20 am

I use hot water and washing up liquid too...!
Back to top Go down
christina

christina

PostSubject: Re: cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion??   cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion?? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 9:11 pm

I use Johnson's Clean'n' safe (green) especially for small animals
Back to top Go down
janey

janey

PostSubject: Re: cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion??   cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion?? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 9:37 pm

I use washing up liquid and hot water, might get some of that disinfectant though xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion??   cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cleaning hoggies house/cage/mansion??
Page 1 of 1