Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prickly Tales

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Prickly Tales Empty
PostSubject: Prickly Tales   Prickly Tales Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:05 am

This little girl came in this afternoon. Only 382gms, very thin, very cold and very sick and covered in fly strike. The finders had been watching her in their garden for several days. She had been spending time laying in the garden in the sun trying to get warm, they just didn't realise that this was an indication that she is sick. They are lovely people and put plenty of food and water out for their garden visitors so are trying their best. Hopefully now they will know what to do when they see a sick one and will know the signs too look out for. Although most poeple who follow this and other pages are aware of the signs of a sick hedgehog there are many people are still not sure of what to do or what to look out for. It is up to us to help spread the word to make more people aware. Please, please make sure your friends and neighbours know the signs to look for and know what to do should they encounter any sick or injured animal. Thank you. x

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Prickly Tales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prickly Tales   Prickly Tales Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 9:33 am

Aww bless her she is small , hope she makes it
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

Prickly Tales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prickly Tales   Prickly Tales Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:14 pm

ah hope she makes it Helen x
Back to top Go down
horsy

horsy

Prickly Tales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prickly Tales   Prickly Tales Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 10:23 am

Poor girl hope she recovers , and on the bright side some more people educated in hog awareness .
Back to top Go down

Prickly Tales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prickly Tales   Prickly Tales Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 11:18 am

Hope so - I think the more that is out there the more people will begin to learn how much help is already put into helping our hoggies and how much more help is needed x
Back to top Go down

Prickly Tales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prickly Tales   Prickly Tales Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Another tiny one in just now. Just sitting down to some dinner when the phone rang. It always seems to happen. Poor, poor little soul, only just over 300gms, just warming in one of the incubators. I'm just going to give some sub cut fluids and then when stabilised will assess further. Photos will hopefully follow. Fingers crossed again for this poorly little mite. Paulene
Back to top Go down

Prickly Tales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prickly Tales   Prickly Tales Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:14 am

The little hog that came in late last night and was completely collapsed has made it through the night. He is though still extremely sick and I'm continuing to give fluids every couple of hours. As soon as he produces a sample I will check it for parasites. He is so thin and dehydrated poor little boy. He has snuggled up in the incubator so I hope he finds the strength to hang on until I can work out what parasites he has and treat him accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Prickly Tales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prickly Tales   Prickly Tales Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:55 am

fingers crossed for this little one .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

Prickly Tales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prickly Tales   Prickly Tales Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 5:19 pm

The little boy that came in late the other night and was completely collapsed is now doing really well. I did not expect him to survive to be honest but he is now eating well and gaining weight. I have indentified the internal parasites he has and I'm treating them accordingly. I hope he continues to do well. x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prickly Tales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prickly Tales   Prickly Tales Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prickly Tales
Page 1 of 1