Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm New to Prickley-Critterz

Go down 
+6
Nikki
Tracywaceywoo
Melody
Lou
helenj
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
helenj

helenj

I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Empty
PostSubject: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:10 pm

Hello,

I thought I should just introduce myself. My name is Helen and I'm am new to Prickly-Criterz.

I am hoping to own my first prickly pet early in the new year . ( very excited Very Happy ) And very busy doing my research . I would love to hear from any breeder/ owners in the South Essex area , who would be willing to let me contact them for any advice .

Helen
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:15 pm

hey Helen ...

I am Lou i am owned by 9 APH and one desert hog called Nigel you can see all the pictures in the picture section if you would like to look .

I have just had my baby Herbiie give birth and Dolly is due her litter in the next week . . I have been handrearing two of my girls that was rejected my mommy we lost Xhante last night but Maisie is doing great .

please feel free to ask any questions you may have and enjoy the forum .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
helenj

helenj

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:46 pm

Hi Lou,

Thanks for responding .

Sorry to hear that you lost Xhante , fingers crossed that Maisie continues to thrive . I hope Herbii is ok ?
Just viewed the pictures of your APH family, they are all gorgeous . Nigel is very striking .
I can see why so many owners have herds of hedgehogs and not just one as a pet.

I have decided that once Christmas is out of the way , I will be looking for the newest addition to my family.

Best wishes for Maisie

Xxx

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:47 am

Hi Helen

I am currently the slave to 18 APH, 2 Desert Hogs and 5 Tenrecs and two doggies - nice to have you on board xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:59 am

Nigel is my desert hog and was a very special early christmas gift from the lady above . Herbiie is doing great and Maisie is progressing well ..x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:32 am

Good Morning Helen, lovely to hear that you are researching about your new family member to be! They are family members that are do addictive! I have the most handsome little fella called Ernie and I love him to bits!

You'll find lots of information on here and I'm sure you'll soon find that the time for your baby won't come quick enough.

Welcome to our online family, it'll be lovely getting to know you.

xoxox
Back to top Go down
helenj

helenj

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:38 am

Thanks everyone,

Pleased to have found prickly- critterz. I have found the links to owner/ breeders web sits so helpful. With the advice and information given by AHP slaves , I have decided to join you all in becoming a slave myself . I don't think I would be getting a hedgehog if it were not for the fact that I can get so much on going help and advice from experienced owner .

I have made contact with a local breeder , who has a litter ready in early Jan , who would like to meet me . ( very excited )

Looking forward to getting to know you and your hedgehogs better

Helen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
helenj

helenj

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:50 am

Hi Lou ,

Pleased to hear Herbiie and Maisie are progressing well .

Nigel is so cute xx
Back to top Go down
Tracywaceywoo

Tracywaceywoo

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:51 am

Hi Helen welcome to the site.I'm Tracy I have two aph willow
And nukie willow is just turning 6 months and nukie 15months didn't get him as a baby tho had him a few months now.Hope u injoy the site it's full of loads of useful information x
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:53 am

H i Helen, welcome to the forum..you should plan ahead and make room for lots of hoggies. they are so addictive and you will want more than one...I was only having one but I now have 4 aph and 2 tenrecs, i just loves them to bits xx
Back to top Go down
helenj

helenj

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:20 am

lol... I must admit I am slightly concerned that one pet could soon increase to a heard .

I'm viewing a litter on Sunday , that's 3 sleeps away . So excited xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:23 am

Its good that your viewing .. you will then get to no the breeder , most babies should be UKAPH registered this way you can see your babys lineage .x
Back to top Go down
helenj

helenj

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:44 am

Because I don't personally know any other owners , I've really had to do my home work . Picking up some good vibes from this breeder , as they're AHPs are registered as will be the litter of babies . The breeder has also asked lots of questions about me and my household . I also mentioned in e-mails that this is a 2 way thing and that if they think that I am not suitable or need more time to research then they will not sell to me .

I feel confident in this breeder that the they're first priority is for well being of her hedgehogs and not for money
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:47 am

Thats how it should be .....There is no money in breeding lol .

x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:56 am

Aaaaah that is sooooo good Helen.

When I first decided I wanted a hedgehog, I done my research and that's how I came across Helen on here (Nellie) Helen invited me to meet her gang and then put me in touch with Prickly Critterz. Helen is a breeder and had a few litters due when I visited her, no pressure was given to buy from her, just a lovely welcome with so much information, help and advice given. I even got to learn about the needs of some little rescue choggies. I have now been adopted by my lovely Ernie, from the rescue who has taken up residence in my house and even has a room of his own.

This definitely shows true spirit of a breeder being in it for the hedgehogs and not for the money.

xoxox

Back to top Go down
helenj

helenj

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi Melody,

I feel confident , that if we do agree that I am a suitable owner for one of they're litter, that I'll be getting a happy healthy pet . ( I hope they say yes ).

I did think about adopting a rescue chog , but feel that as some of them have suffered neglect in the past , but feel that I'm to inexperienced to take on a rescue at the moment .

lol sounds like you are a slave to Ernie , do you have any pictures of him on here xx
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:21 pm

slave noooooo she adores him. we all met up a while back for lunch and guess who came too..yep Ernie Big grin x he wasn't impressed thou as the restaraunt didn't serve mealies x
Back to top Go down
helenj

helenj

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:47 pm

I've seen the carry pouches , have hog will travel . Such a good Idea will be investing in a pouch for myself . Think maybe Ernie might have to travel down to london to find a restaurant , that caters of the choggy palet , I'm sure they serve insects in china town lol

Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:58 pm

lol! i'm sure they do, think a few chiness chippys round here might have a few insects too x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Hiya Helen, I'm tayer and have 2 girlies, 1baby honey-dew is from Lou and she has the most amazing temperament! Welcome to the forum!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
A M Y

A M Y

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi Helen,

I'm Amy and I am picking up my first hoggie on 17th December.

I can imagine how excited you are at the prospect of getting a hoggie. Everyone on here is really welcoming, and full of great advice.

Speak soon XX
Back to top Go down
helenj

helenj

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:38 pm

HI Amy ,

Everyones been great , I have been given lots of really helpful advice .

Lucy you, I still have 31 more sleeps to go till I have my Hoggie . And that's if the breeder approves of me .

I think I'm more excited at the prospect of owning a Hoggie that my kid are about christmas.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your Hoggie . What colour/ sex have you got XX

Back to top Go down
A M Y

A M Y

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:12 pm

She is the one in my profile pic. She is a light brown girlie called Flake.

I cant wait to meet her!
Back to top Go down
helenj

helenj

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:26 pm

She's gorgeous Amy , very pretty .

Is Flake a chocolate snow flake ?

Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:33 pm

No helen a snowflake is what Herbiie is she is in the hedgehogs pictures .x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm New to Prickley-Critterz   I'm New to Prickley-Critterz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm New to Prickley-Critterz
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next