Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs

Go down 
+4
Gaga
Lou
pammie
Melody
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Empty
PostSubject: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Just to make it clear about the best kind of APH homes, is it possible for anybody to give the positives and negatives of keeping your hedgehogs in either Cages, Tanks, Zoozones, or Vivs - or anywhere else people are likely to keep hedgehogs?

xoxox
Back to top Go down
pammie
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
pammie

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:03 pm

I like vivs with mesh doors best I just find them easier Smile
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:13 pm

I have both and use both .. for practical reasons i have a all in one 4 stack and 3 stack upstairs .. and a single viv and a zoozone , i perfer vivs they look nicer .
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:43 pm

I have Ernie in his zoozone which is perfect for him.

However, Puddin' came in a large cage type home which is a fabulous size but having just been up to get her out I've found her on top of her log cabin which concerns me as she appears to be a bit of a climber. Is she likely to get her feet caught in the bars? I know she has only hopped up onto the roof of the log cabin, but might she try and climb the bars. I also put a blanket over one end of it during the day whist I'm out just for extra precaution as I worry about the cold and temperatures dropping r for any draughts.

I think I'd feel safer/better with her in a zoozone actually.

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:27 am

I use the c&c cage which is cubes and correx (in america its called coroplast) and it is a very big cage and my hedgehog loves it!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:36 am

You should post some pictures .. Jake i no which ones you mean thou ...
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:09 am

i use vivs...they keep the warmth in....and i just air them out in the day by keeping the doors open slightly...just put rubber wedges so they cant open it more.

i was looking at them c&c cages...they look neat...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:18 am

They are great! If you ever want a change of cage I would recommend them to anyone there perfect, there's loads of room for everything and you can make it how you want it :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:23 am

Would love a picture of them

I have viv stacks - use the VX48 and pop the vents out of the back and leave the doors slightly ajar, also have the mesh fronted cages - my dad made a brilliant three stack for me but the others I purchased from somebody else are crap and all will be replaced shortly.
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:23 am

this is one pic that made me like them:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:27 am

thats how i want to do mine when i get my next hog, ill post pictures when i have set it up again i had to buy new correx and im waiting for it to come because mine broke when i was cleaning it out, i was a bit too heavy handed with it, my hog is in a different cage at the moment Smile
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:33 am

is it expensive??
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:35 am

They can cost around £60-£70 but it's excellent value for money because a cage ready made at that price can be tiny and the c&c cage can be massive, it's worth every penny !! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:53 am

Easy to break then ... at least with vivs you really don't have that problem .x
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:04 pm

No it wasn't easy to break but as o took the cortex out to clean it, one of the sides snapped because I pulled it out wrong and it cought on one of the bars on the cage, but it takse a very clumsy person to do it ...me lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:16 pm

how do you stop hedgie climbing up the sides? perspex? xxx
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:21 pm

You can use Perspex like you said or correx which is a corrugated plastic both are fine it depends on your personal taste Smile
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:55 pm

I think they look ok but as i have mine in my home .. I like vivs Very Happy but of course everyone's personal choice .. get some pictures when you can Jake .x
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:01 pm

I will do, I'm just waiting for new correx Smile
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Thought I'd add my twopence worth. Very Happy ....
I used to have Ody in an indoor rabbit cage, but I always worried about the bars and about not being able to know is was safely heated. I used electric radiators in the room, but worried about him still. When I finally got the viviarium it was such a relief, and with both hogs I now know both are constantly kept at a controlled temperature day and night. Only problems I have are that Ody's viv is glass fronted, and was made quite large. he was used to a second level in the rabbit cage, and loved going up there, but I cocked up the dimensions a bit, so the only place I could put the wheel obscures the ramp up to the second floor. (though to be fair, Ody has finally deciphered that climbing around this will enable him to get to the area I put his excess food, to stop him overeating in the day). I do worry, with this problem that he can get too hot under the heatlamp, as it is more to the left side, over the wheel. The mesh on Emo's viv is great, but I worry about cleaning it, as it always seems to pick up bits of the kitchen roll if I try to wipe it, and I don't like risking not giving it some sort of clean. (I admit I worry over most things anyhow). Beyond all that though, I no longer feel like I have to sit up half the night making sure the temperaure is ok, as I can rest easy that the gauge and CHE are doing their job.
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:48 pm

well i have inca in a viv, it looks really nice and smart, keeps it warm for her with enough ventilation, and when i get my next hoglet i can just stack the vivs and it will still look nice. did contemplate getting a zoozone2 but vivs look a bit more sophisticated. plus, can you imagine having zoozones all over the place, there'd be no room for me! Laughing xxx
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:02 pm

I remember when Tayer was looking into these and I just thought that although they seemed really convenient for being able toiled them to your own spec, I would worry in the colder months about the temp and keeping it up. Also, I think hoggies similar to Puddin' would have a field day trying to climb...

You're right about the zoozones Josie, I have the 3 in one room and so can't wait for my room to be done so I can have a stack built. Will keep my zoo zones then for emergencies.
xoxox
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:25 pm

iv seen zoozones stacked neatly on metal shelving from ikea....but then its access into them when they are stacked....

vivs are better, like josie said they keep warmth in...easy to clean. this is why i went against the c&c they seemed very expensive for what it is!!

but each to their own!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs   Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cages/Tanks/Zoozones/Vivs
Page 1 of 1