Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stands for Hedgie Cages

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
saraleighuk

Stands for Hedgie Cages Empty
PostSubject: Stands for Hedgie Cages   Stands for Hedgie Cages Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:12 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm after a bit of assistance regarding stands for hedgie cages. Spike Pricklepants is due home mid April and we are buying him with the set up as the breeder has that option and we thought it best as their set ups they know work and we get everything we need (cage, silent spinner, 2 cat toys, fleeces, bowls, month of food, lining material)

The cage is 100 cm one and I want to get a stand for it so it's not on the floor (I have Muscular Dystrophy and can't bend down easily so want it high enough so I can sort him out myself without relying on my fiance).

I've seen some stands at Pets at Home with wheels but wasn't sure if anyone else used these? or know of other suitable raisers?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Leanne

Leanne

PostSubject: Re: Stands for Hedgie Cages   Stands for Hedgie Cages Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:27 pm

What cage you getting saraleigh? X
Back to top Go down
saraleighuk

PostSubject: Re: Stands for Hedgie Cages   Stands for Hedgie Cages Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:31 pm

I believe it is a Rabbit 100 and they do stands for them at Pets at Home but wasn't sure if anyone had used them or if there were any alternatives. (we live in a flat and don't have a table thats long enough for it, was very suprised that my fiance agreed to having one due to the size of the cage!)

Sara
Back to top Go down
Leanne

Leanne

PostSubject: Re: Stands for Hedgie Cages   Stands for Hedgie Cages Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Those cages aren't suitable for hedgies unless bars perspexed off as hedgies climb and can seriously hurt themselves. The cage you need is a zoo zone 2 or a 3ft viv. If you look in stickys at housing they is pics of people's housing x
Back to top Go down
Leanne

Leanne

PostSubject: Re: Stands for Hedgie Cages   Stands for Hedgie Cages Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Here's a link for a zoozone:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stands for Hedgie Cages   Stands for Hedgie Cages Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Definately a zoozone and not the rabbit enclosure due to the bars
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Stands for Hedgie Cages   Stands for Hedgie Cages Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 5:11 pm

As you can see from the link Leanne has posted, Zoozone's have a top opening so if you were able to place it on top of a low unit or table you will find it quite easy to access everything you need. It's also very easy to clean too.

Here on the forum, you will find that nearly everyone,(almost 99%) keeps their hedgehogs in either zooznes or vivs.

I am really surprised that the breeder has recommended a barred cage to you Sara, as hedgehogs can and will try and climb and will damage their legs in the process.

Getting a viv is another option, and having a front opening may be easier for you. The only thing is though that it will be heavier and that you will need to make sure you have something suitable to take it's weight to sit it on.

It sounds as though you have been advised to keep your little Spike PricklePants on the right sort of bedding, so that's good.

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Stands for Hedgie Cages   Stands for Hedgie Cages Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 5:17 pm

As a breeder i would never recommend a cage that has bars Sarah , Hedgehogs can climb quite high but they can't climb down and they can fall and really hurt themselves . The only housing we recommend here at Prickly Critterz is a large zoozone 2 like Leanne said or a 36 inch by 18 inch viv bigger if you can .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stands for Hedgie Cages   Stands for Hedgie Cages Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stands for Hedgie Cages
Page 1 of 1