Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Five Toys for Hedgehogs

Go down 
+2
Melody
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Five Toys for Hedgehogs Empty
PostSubject: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:58 am

1. Toilet paper tubes:

Hedgies like to wear them on their head and play “tank.” Some hedgies love them so much that they even learn to eat and to drink from a water bottle with the tube on their head! Caution should be noted, however. Smaller hedgies can get stuck in the tubes, and they can break forequills or develop a flattened area of forequills (kind of like humans with “hat head”).

2. Boxes:

I was surprised to find that mine really like boxes that are short and wide. Cereal boxes, or boxes for things like rice-a-roni are big hits! Kleenex boxes are a favorite, too. Be sure to remove any plastic packaging.

3. Plastic Easter eggs:

We put the hedgie’s favorite treat inside. They can actually get them open to get the treat! Amazing!

4. Plastic dump trucks:

Hedgies like to push these and climb on them. They can learn to dump the bed to get to the treats!

5. Cat balls with bells inside:

Many hedgies like to push these around. I had one grumpy rescue who, for the longest time, would never let me see him out of a ball. But, I could always hear him in his cage, playing with his ball, when I wasn’t looking. Just be sure it doesn’t have any sharp edges that a hedgie could cut its tongue on.
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:27 pm

My Ernie Holt's toys are everywhere when I go into him each morning. I always put them in a nice neat line so I can see where thay end up!

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:29 pm

what about making a digging box for them? would they like that? xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:54 pm

Some people have made digging boxes/rumage trays - we will have to get one made up and post pictures. x
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:35 pm

i think i might make her one tomorrow... hide a few mealies amongst something... what would you recommend to use to hide stuff in? strips of fleece? xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:44 am

From memory one person ordered some leaves that had been treated for use with pets etc but cannot remember where they were from - finacard would be better than fleece or small animal bedding - the paper type would be ok x
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:20 am

some hedgies love toilet tubes more than others. Embarassed

i hide treats under toys, balls, tubes etc so they have to go round moving everything to get their treats. x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:21 am

Would that be Morris by any chance Nikki?
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:06 am

yes it is. Big grin mr pervy himself x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:34 am

Don't let him near Fiona or Mel - god only knows what would happen!!
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:31 pm

i put in demi's toys...random figurines....some different materials....im gonna start collecting newborn/toddler toys from carboots, in the summer for the hogs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:53 pm

I like the trays where things are hidden .. i can do that quite easily in some of my vivs as they have carefresh or finacard i make it quite deep and hide mealies and little treats around for them .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:07 pm

im gonna try that 2......right i have a snad bath and a rummage tray..lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:52 pm

i just need to get a tray the right size over the weekend and inca will have a rummage tray... i will take pics! xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five Toys for Hedgehogs   Five Toys for Hedgehogs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Five Toys for Hedgehogs
Page 1 of 1