Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

buster is going to the vets xxx

Go down 
+4
tayer
Lou
Leanne
Josie
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Josie

Josie

buster is going to the vets xxx Empty
PostSubject: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:24 am

buster is off to the vets this afternoon... i had to beg for an appointment!

he is making a grunting noise when he hops around, and a slurping noise when he drinks... eating okay though. a bit of a wet nose but it is clear and runny, so no signs of real bad infection...

as some of you know he suffers with his teeth... i will keep this thread updated.

i am very tearful now, i panic when he needs to go in xxx
Back to top Go down
Leanne

Leanne

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:36 am

Aww hope buster is ok Josie, sending hugs and good positive vibes xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:44 am

thanks leanne Smile xxx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:18 pm

Hope everything goes ok Josie .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:31 pm

back from the vets... looks like snuffles...
i took inca to the vets too, my vet said she is the calmest, freindliest hedgehog he has met Very Happy xxx
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:40 pm

awwwww poor buster, has a cold...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:41 pm

[quote="Josie"]back from the vets... looks like snuffles...
i took inca to the vets too, my vet said she is the calmest, freindliest hedgehog he has met Very Happy xxx[/quote

What a lovely thing to say .. makes me feel good ..
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:45 pm

awwww poor buster, hope he gets better soon...i had a rabbit with teeth that used to just keep growing..i had to take him back to the breeder every few weeks for a trim. x
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Awww poor lickle Buster xx
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:56 pm

i have injectable abx for him... hopefully they will do the trick... he's getting an old boy, but he seems to pull through everything life throws at him! xxx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:00 pm

I am sure he will be fine Josie . .. with you as his mommy x
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:00 pm

he cant not be... ive told him straight, he can never leave me! xxx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:06 pm

:O) Not nice when they aren't well .x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:36 pm

josie, he is an ok, un-well aint he?? your not worried?? are you injecting into his body or inject into his mouth? poor buster.
Back to top Go down
angel125

angel125

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Hope Buster gets better soon
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:26 pm

How is he this morning Josie ..x
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:39 pm

sorry, for some reason some of the new messages havent come up as new so ive missed a few...going to have to go back through and double check i havent missed any...

he is quiet today, it's time now to give him his 2nd injection so he won't be very happy with me either. a lot of sneezing last night but it'll take a few days for these abx to kick in xxx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Aww sorry to hear he still isn't feeling well Josie ....x
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:42 pm

he is miserable today Sad xxx
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:52 am

Is it like our common cold?? Awww has been cold or damp?? Poor bunny x
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:34 pm

snuffles is a respiritory disease... the bacteria are present in most rabbits but it only multiplies and causes problems in some, due to stress...
it can come out during a moult or any environmental changes or any stress to the immune system.
buster is always indoors nice and warm so i think it is the moult, plus he is getting older. it is only since he has started the abx that he has become lethargic, and he has become very clingy to me so i knew something was up.
his noisy drinking is probably caused by his blocked nose but i caught his illness very quickly... rabbits hide illness very well as any sign of weakness and they leave themselves vunerable to predators and abandonment of their warren, but i know him so well i think i can detect even small changes in his behaviour straight away.
if it was left long enough the mucus becomes very thick and white/yellow, his is clear at the moment.
i put a few details of snuffles on another thread tayer but look it up further because it is a very common illness in rabbits and very contagious so if one of yours gets it you need to seperate them quickly xxx
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:07 pm

they are all separate any ways!!...
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:50 pm

different rooms, hands washed everytime you touch them, disinfect everything, remove things they might share like toys... especially because you are breeding because of the risk to the babies and the mother xxx
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:59 pm

well i havnt gone to that extreme...lol

is this 1st time buster has had the sniffles??
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: buster is going to the vets xxx   buster is going to the vets xxx Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:14 pm

snuffles tay.... lol

no he's had it before, once it comes it never goes away, just lies dormant and comes up again every now and then... you shouldnt breed a rabbit that has had snuffles xxx
Back to top Go down

buster is going to the vets xxx
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next