Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hedgehogs daily routine...

Go down 
+2
Sian
Melody
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Hedgehogs daily routine... Empty
PostSubject: Hedgehogs daily routine...   Hedgehogs daily routine... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:18 pm

I was just wondering what everybody's hedgehog's routine is?

For example...

Generally...

Ernie, Puddin' and Little Miss Daisy Splat will stay in their pouches asleep all day... When I come home one, sometimes two of them will go into their bonding bags whilst I potter abou the houset....

After (my) tea time... I'll get the ball pool out, put all the toys, wheel etc in there and put one of them in it to play (usually Puddin' first) whilst I have snuggles with Little Miss Daisy Splat and Ernie snoozes still in his bonding bag. Ths can be for about 45 mins-hour
Next, I'll put Puddin' in her bonding bag, Little Miss Daisy Splat will go out to pay and I have snuggles with Ernie Holt...again, 45mins-hour
Lastly, I have a quick snuggle, usually about 20 minutes with Puddin' as she's not so keen....

Then they go back into their zoozones... Have a good munch on their dinner, then wheel away!

If I'm off work, or it's a Saturday... I usually share most of my day with somebody hanging out in their bonding bag with me... Sometimes, say about once a week... I'll take somebody into work for the day.... Usually Ernie but Little Miss Daisy Splat as done her first day at the office now... Puddin' isn't up to it... She wouldn't sit still long enough!!

Puddin' has started to spend more time in her bonding bag now, just short half hour spells though... She is getting used to it and I'm sure it won't be long before she makes it into work someday!

xoxox

Back to top Go down
Sian

Sian

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs daily routine...   Hedgehogs daily routine... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:46 am

I usually check on my 2 when i change their water in the morning then when i get home from work i get one out and put them in their play pen while i cuddle the other one and then switch over xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs daily routine...   Hedgehogs daily routine... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:10 pm

Well i have quite a few as you no .. but 3 belong to my daugther Meme ...

so she gets Dolly out first and she free runs around Meme's room , and then she has cuddles . Then Brillo comes out our rescue Hog who is 4 , he has a playpen as he poops everywhere ... then Meme has cuddle time with him while Moo goes into the playpen then she sits with Moo out with her while she watches TV .

Precious is due and has holed herself up so we will leave her be until she has had the babies . Herbiie Ice Tallulah Belle .. have playtime in my hall .. with newspaper down .. few wheels and tunnels ... and i will sit in the hall with the .. they have about a hr in there ( got idea from Helen ) ...
Nelson has cuddle time then play pen while i sit with Humphrey .. Humphrey just likes to sleep ... and cuddle ..

Nigel is in the bonding bag .. for long periods now ..x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs daily routine...   Hedgehogs daily routine... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:16 pm

honey wont play she just wants snuggles.
mav just looks totally lost when i put him down at the mo., so he is a bonding bag with me.
flint is gone in a swoosh, after a few cuddles and some words.
poppet is a difficult one, i let her have a run around in the bedroom when im sorting all the food and water out and changing the litter trays, but she is always trying to get back into her pouch, we have a love/hate relationship.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs daily routine...   Hedgehogs daily routine... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:24 pm

inca gets a good morning check-over and tidy up of her house. sometimes she comes out with me during the day if it isn't too cold... then evenings she has a potter around the bathroom, has her poopies and peepee while i change liners/clean wheel etc, maybe cook her up smething tasty, then i hold her... sometimes she just wants a snuggle, other times she'll climb on me. then it is time for dinner and bed Smile xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs daily routine...   Hedgehogs daily routine... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Ready for my essay!!

In the morning I clean the hoggie play area and re-line with clean newspaper and put the toys and wheels back down.

Then, onto the hoggie room.

I wash all their wheels, food and water bowls and hoover their fleece liners to get rid of any crumbs - have a quick peek to make sure that all are ok.

Fresh water is put in and their wheels but mine do not get feed until night as they do not come out in the day at all.

I have 19 so it is not viable to give them all quality exercise time every day so they come out to play every other night, the boys all play seperately apart from Dougal who is a lazy boy so he tends to go for snuggles with Nick, Fabio doesn't recognise a play area so he potters on the sofa and Frederick is still using me as a climbing frame!!

The girls will go out in 3's, same ones each time so they do recognise each other or at least i think they do - they have 2 hours out running and wheeling and then 30 minutes of cuddle time with me and Nigel.

Nora and Hogan have the run of the hoggie room in the day and the tenrecs are in torpor at the moment but Tomsk is got out each day so I can check on him.

My day really revolves around looking after them all, busy, busy, busy but i wouldn't have it any other way.
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs daily routine...   Hedgehogs daily routine... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:45 pm

do the boys come out to play on their own?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs daily routine...   Hedgehogs daily routine... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:47 pm

They do Tayer - will not risk them together so they have play time either before the girls or after

Dougal - lazy boy who enjoys snuggles with Nick
Fabio - Doesn't know what a play area is, he potters on the sofa with me

Milligan - likes a pootle about
Boss Hog - wheel demon in the play area

Frederick - cuddle baby with his mummy
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs daily routine...   Hedgehogs daily routine... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:44 pm

oh....i thought that would be the answer, but i thought id ask...Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs daily routine...   Hedgehogs daily routine... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:45 pm

It is finely organised chaos Tayer but it works x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs daily routine...   Hedgehogs daily routine... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:47 pm

im still finding my routine...but they do all get fed before i go to bed and the rabbits!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs daily routine...   Hedgehogs daily routine... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Pudding was glad to see me when I got back - she was up on her hind legs watching me come into the room - had to have snuggle bunny cuddles - she is lovely
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs daily routine...   Hedgehogs daily routine... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:59 pm

awwwww, i will keep one back from my next litter...a doe like soda-pop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs daily routine...   Hedgehogs daily routine... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hedgehogs daily routine...
Page 1 of 1