Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

daily routine

Go down 
+3
Nikki
dobbyhog
7 posters
AuthorMessage

daily routine Empty
PostSubject: daily routine   daily routine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:02 am

so iam busy reading all the stickys and iam learning loads. Very Happy this is a great forum.anyway i was wondering what is everyones daily routine with there hogs?
Back to top Go down

daily routine Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily routine   daily routine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:15 am

Mine is a whirlwind!

I have a hoggie room which makes it really easy for me as everybody is in the one room - my day is as follows:-

Starting of with Daisy Duke's stack and I work round the room - so wheels are taken out and washed all 19 of them, all food bowls and water bowls are taken out and washed and fresh water is put back in, liners are hooverd as it is quicker for me and gets all the crumbs up from the messy eaters - hoggies are looked at to make sure they are ok and warm enough but as my room is permanently heated with central heating and a back up fan this is never a problem - Herby is currently on meds so she has nurse nellie attending to her needs.

The tenrecs are in torpor and as they are part of a breeding group they are not handled during this time - the desert hogs are cleaned out and fed along with any mums who have babies in the nest.

Room is dusted and hoovered - on a good day - one hour to do properly, liner change day is more like two to three hours.

Play area is then cleaned - paper taken up, floor brushed and mopped and got ready for play time.

Cook food at 4.00pm for tea time and from 4.30pm my hoggies are put out to play, males seperately but the females go out in small groups, always the same groups - the first ones to play have cuddle time and then the next group goes out to play

Crazy but it works. !
Back to top Go down
dobbyhog

dobbyhog

daily routine Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily routine   daily routine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:12 am

This is a cool thread idea Very Happy I get all the wheels out of mine when I get up for work at 7am, wash them put them back, change the water and do a quick spot clean.

When I get home which can be any time between 5-8pm I check on them, put more food in bowls, have some food myself and then its playtime form about 8:30ish, its not very structured but I really cant get into a perfect routine yet although Benji is always waiting for me of a morning for a quick hello cuddle
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

daily routine Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily routine   daily routine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:16 am

phew and breath helen..i'm glad i havn't so many.

i take wheels out about 8am and put them in to soak and change kitchen roll. i change water and put fresh bicc's in a little later on...about 2 oclock i put fresh food and water in for the tenrecs and get them out for an hour or so. i change their food again about 9 pm so they have fresh for the night as they don't eat bicci's

7pm i get the hoggies out for an hours cuddle before they go in their play pens. they spend about 2 hours in their playing on their wheels or just running round. 2 just go back to sleep but they tend to be more active during the night.
about 9pm i will do thier tea and put in in their pens. i start to put them back about 10ish x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

daily routine Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily routine   daily routine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:37 pm

First think i do is check that they are all ok with the weather being so cold then i remove wheels ..and put them outside in my garden ..then i take out all my liners and wash my vivs .. then pop clean liners in pop biscuits and fresh water . Then a tea time they get a cooked dinner .

I have vivs upstairs and they have finacard in and i do these every two days same routine apart from i take the wheels out .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
janey

janey

daily routine Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily routine   daily routine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:49 pm

I check mine as soon as I get up at 6, usually they are still up and about at this time (well most of them). When I get back from the school run I take everything out clean the cage and put clean liners in, wash the wheels and put fresh biscuits and water in, about, they all take it in turns to come out at night for cuddles and a run round in the playpen and then I put them back with their chicken and veg or mince, what ever they are having for supper xx
Back to top Go down
kelz32

kelz32

daily routine Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily routine   daily routine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:54 pm

im up at 7 with the kids so i take sonics wheel out to wash it soak it in hot water have a peek check hes fine go school when im back ill give him new biscuits and water and spot clean if it doesnt need a full clean which isnt often as sonic is a mucky hog at teatime ill cook sonics tea then get him out for a few hours but he spends most of this time trying to go back to sleep i put his wheel back in when i go to bed as he doesnt need it till then as he doesnt get up unless i get him up lol hes a very lazy little man xxx
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

daily routine Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily routine   daily routine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:21 pm

i check hoggies every morning...and spot clean them, and clean wheels.

when i get home in the evening, girls get a fresh liners and all fresh food n water.....and play time will alternate through the night. im still finding my routine as my herd is growing slowly....it is changing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Sponsored content

daily routine Empty
PostSubject: Re: daily routine   daily routine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

daily routine
Page 1 of 1