Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daily Attention and Care

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Daily Attention and Care Empty
PostSubject: Daily Attention and Care   Daily Attention and Care Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Daily Attention and Care

Hedgehogs aren't pets that can merely be left alone in their cage with no human contact for days. They will not be very friendly when you do want to take them out if you ignore them for long periods of time. Once your hedgehog gets used to your smells, it can be a very friendly an affectionate pet. Plus, if your hedgie is comfortable with you, it will relax its quills when you handle it which makes things a lot easier!

When you first get your hedgehog, you might be tempted to wear gloves until it becomes used to being handled. This is not recommended because when you wear gloves the hedgehog will not become accustomed to your scent. If you absolutely cannot handle the hedgehog without something between your hands and the quills, use a towel or a piece of fleece to pick the hedgehog up at first until it relaxes slightly.

Giving your hedgehog fresh food and water daily will ensure it remains in good health. Also, it is very important to make sure your hedgehog's cage remains clean and tidy. Remove used litter weekly or change any fleece cage liners twice or three times a week. This way, your hedgehog will not only feel better and not require frequent bathing, but he or she will be a virtually stink-free pet!

Love and Affection

The most important thing any hedgehog owner can do for their pet is to give it plenty of love and affection. If you do that, the rest will come very easily! If you think you are prepared to open up your home to a hedgehog, you will not regret it. They are curious, intelligent, and adorable little pets. Though they might not be as soft as a chinchilla or as cuddly as a guinea pig, hedgehogs will provide you with just as much love and they will brighten even the gloomiest of days just by being their silly little hedgie selves
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Daily Attention and Care   Daily Attention and Care Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:38 pm

I love this.... Consider it snaffled for our rescue care pack!

xoxox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daily Attention and Care   Daily Attention and Care Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:40 pm

great post. i must say thenkyou nellie for all these posts you are doing as iam learning loads off them. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daily Attention and Care   Daily Attention and Care Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:00 pm

Feel free Mel - the more information the better.

Thanks Ellejo - much appreciated and glad you find them of use. x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Daily Attention and Care   Daily Attention and Care Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm not sure how people can ignore them and not get them out .. they are very entertaining .. Nigel last night was tryiing to climb the stairs .. hoping to catch it on video later ..x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Daily Attention and Care   Daily Attention and Care Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:55 pm

lol lou! please do, i'd love to see that! i have to say i HATE putting inca away of a night time, wish she could come to bed with me 013 i love having her out and about

great post helen xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Attention and Care   Daily Attention and Care Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daily Attention and Care
Page 1 of 1