Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This heating bit worries me.......question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
netty66

netty66

This heating bit worries me.......question Empty
PostSubject: This heating bit worries me.......question   This heating bit worries me.......question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Question.....
The hibernation bit worries me atm. Neutral
In my house we always turn the heating off at night and dont have it much more than 21 degrees C during the day. I f I had a hog I presume i would have to have a heatmat on all the time or another source of heat? Question

Annette
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: This heating bit worries me.......question   This heating bit worries me.......question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Hey Annette

We all have a back up heat supply reptile heat mats are popular and they need to be run off a habistat thermostat .. which will regulate the viv . Summer months i don't tend to use mats just in the winter .

21/22 is fine and the general rule is that if you can sit in the house with a tshirt on and not be cold then your hoglet should be fine .

Hope this helps .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: This heating bit worries me.......question   This heating bit worries me.......question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:27 pm

It depends what temperature you house drops down to overnight - in the summer months you should be fine but during the winter months it would probably be better to use a heat mat and habistat controller.
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: This heating bit worries me.......question   This heating bit worries me.......question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:34 pm

my hogs are t=in the attic and the temp drops down quite a bit....my baby hog mav has a heat mat controlled by a thermostat....and when he is too hot he uses his tunnel to sleep in which is off the mat.

my older hogs are ok, they seem to cope with just extra fleece blankets in their pouch...x but flint likes to sleep on the wooden floor of the viv under his liner...no matter how many times i put him in his pouch!....but he his toasty warm...so i think its radiates heat!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
netty66

netty66

PostSubject: Thankyou!   This heating bit worries me.......question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Thanks everyone...so many things to think about. I think I may get a viv instead of a zoozone 2 .
What sort of light source is suitable in a viv?

Sorry so many questions!! Razz

Annette
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: This heating bit worries me.......question   This heating bit worries me.......question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:53 pm

I don't have light sources in my vivs .. i just position the vivs in the direct sunlight .x Questions are good Annette .x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: This heating bit worries me.......question   This heating bit worries me.......question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:19 pm

yeah same as lou, with lights...just in a room with 2 huge windows....but my vivs have battery push spot lights for a relaxing feel when its dark....it does look pretty but it it doesnt effect the hogs in any way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: This heating bit worries me.......question   This heating bit worries me.......question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi Annette,

I only really have a heat mat on with Puddin' as she seems to feel the cold more than Ernie or Little Miss Daisy Splat.

I leave the heatmat on constantly for Puddin' whereas the other two are always lovely and warm inside their pouch and on top of their fleece.... you can feel the heat from them. In fact, I may even get Puddin' an igloo and a fleece pouch too as I think she might benefit more from it. She came with her log cabin and fleec pieces..... Yep, I've just made an Executive decision! Shall post to Helen now actually...

xoxox

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This heating bit worries me.......question   This heating bit worries me.......question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:05 pm

does it depends on the heat they are kept at as tiny babys or is each hoglet/hog different?
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: This heating bit worries me.......question   This heating bit worries me.......question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Not really all hogs should be kept around the same temp . Sometimes you can get the odd one that is more sensitive then others .. but generally they are all around the same .x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This heating bit worries me.......question   This heating bit worries me.......question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:13 pm

ok thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This heating bit worries me.......question   This heating bit worries me.......question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This heating bit worries me.......question
Page 1 of 1