Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog  Empty
PostSubject: Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog    Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 5:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A hedgehog left brain damaged after an attack when it was "kicked like a football" has moved into a garden owned by Queen guitarist Brian May.

The hedgehog, which was attacked in April outside Arena Leisure Centre in Camberley, Surrey, was taken in by Harper Asprey Wildlife Rescue charity.

Animal welfare champion May, who has homes in London and Surrey, is a long-term supporter of the rescue centre.

He owns the land where Percy has been rehomed after being nursed to health.

The animal, thought to be about three years old, was put in a bag and swung round in the attack, and had a concrete block dropped on it.

Police called to the incident took Percy to Harper Asprey.

'Most horrific'

An operation saved his life but shattered shards of bone had to be removed along with part of a hip joint.

"Fortunately Percy came to us within an hour of the attack and we were able to treat him and prevent him going further into shock," said a spokesman for the charity.

Animal welfare champion Brian May has been a long term supporter of the centre "When Percy arrived he was still tightly balled and in shock, but as he relaxed we could see lesions and areas of swelling all over his body.

"The swelling continued in front of our eyes. This is one of the most horrific wildlife incidents we have seen in a long time.

"Percy will be unable to return to the wild as he is unable to curl properly and this would prevent him finding food and make him vulnerable to predators."

The brain damage has left Percy slightly slower than normal but he will be kept in a protected environment.

The attacker was prosecuted by the RSPCA and given a nine-week suspended jail sentence with a 12-month supervision order.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog    Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Brian May use to live right up the road from my friends .... use to see him walking his two big rotties many moons ago .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog    Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:06 pm

I remember reading about this... Poor Hedgie...

Queen are my number one band.... I love Freddie....

xoxox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog    Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:42 pm

You would be well in with Nigel xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog    Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Oops Brian May plays for Queen ... didnt see himm lmao it was Tony Immoi out of Black Sabbath .. i meant .. they both have long hair .x affraid
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog    Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:37 pm

Louvain!

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog    Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:47 pm

lol .. funny x
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog    Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:20 pm

i love queen ..seen them live twice..fantastic concerts...

so where is hedgie..with brian may or the black sabbath guy? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog    Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:47 pm

With Brian x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog    Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian May garden sanctuary for attacked hedgehog
Page 1 of 1