Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Long time hedgie owner, new to England!

Go down 
+9
Melody
dovaston
tayer
Josie
Botty31
Nikki
Lou
MayaB
13 posters
AuthorMessage
MayaB

MayaB

Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Empty
PostSubject: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:15 pm

new here Hello! My name is Maya and I'm originally from Texas. I've had African Pgymy Hedgehogs since 1997 and I have bred, rescued, and shown them in the States. I moved to Surrey with my British husband, four year old son, and cat and dog (both of whom also made the International move) in January and feel my home is not complete without a little prickly one. I recently found Lou on the internet and she recommended I join, so here I am introducing myself! I look forward to getting to know you all, making new hedgie friends, and answering any questions you may have for me.

Cheers! happy
Maya
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Hey Maya

Soooo glad you made it over to say hello . Looking forward to you coming and meeting my herd . Girls are lovely .. and will introduce themselves shortly .

Have a nose around the forum and most of all enjoy .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:25 pm

hi maya..welcome to the forum xx
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi and welcome , I'm sure you will find everything you need on this forum :-) x
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:37 pm

Welcome to the forum maya great to have you on board Smile Xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi Maya

Welcome to the forum and look forward to your input with your own experience of APH

I currently have 19APH, 6 Tenrecs, 2 Desert Hogs and 1 rescue APH plus lizards, doggies and a house bunny.

xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Don't forget a Punty and a grunting teenage son lol x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:47 pm

I was trying to forget them - thanks for reminding me!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Oops lol ..x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:33 pm

hiya maya im tayer i have 4 hoggies and welcome to the forum x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Hello Maya and Welcome to our happy friendly little place...xx
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:25 am

Hello Maya, it would be really interesting to know how you kept your hedgehogs, whether you had the same kind of set ups that we use here.... Please feel free to share any photies of the hoggies you had too Big grin

I have 4 prickly Critterz in my family at the moment, Ernie - my first rescue, Puddin - my first fostered hoggie - who has now been offered a forever home with me, Little Miss Daisy Splat who is my first Beanie who I got off Helen (Nellie) and she is sooooo chillaxed. Last but not least I currently have Hope under my wing who I am fostering and is such a sweetie.

Welcome to our forum family and England!
xoxox
Back to top Go down
pammie
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
pammie

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:39 am

hello! welcome to the forum.
i have 4 hogs (holly, suzie, paco and my mums hog mitch), i have a foster hog junior who will be going to live with elaine as soon as we can sort out transport, my gorgeous welly womble the tenrec, lacy hellhound the dog, jess the cat and nino the bearded dragon.

what are the shows in america like?

pam x
Back to top Go down
MayaB

MayaB

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks all, for the warm welcome!

I love the use of zoo zone 2s here; that was my favourite cage in the States and became excessively hard to come by. I used to keep my hedgies in Sterlite or Rubbermaid bins (not sure if this translates over?) about a medium sized zoo zone, as I handled them all quite regularly. My cat used to get quite upset when one would escape as they would make a b-line straight to her food bowl and usually leave a little "gift" next to it!

The shows were fabulous. I went to the Little Rock Round Up in 2000 and one in Iola, KS in 2001 (may have been '02). Lots of excitement and energy. Vendors, ribbons, multiple judges. I had a really good time. I was very sad when I sold the last of my line in 2007.

Maya x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:24 pm

Do you have any photos from the shows you went to, would love to see some xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:29 pm

Id love to see them too Maya .x
Back to top Go down
MayaB

MayaB

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:46 pm

I don't, but I remember they were up on the web long ago. I'll also have to dig out some pics of my beloveds. My old site The Happy Hedgehog may be still out in the Internet ether and that should have something on it.
Back to top Go down
Elaine67
Elaine67

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi Maya,

Welcome!

I'd love to see pickies of your hoggies too!

I'm a first-time Hog-Mother in waiting lol. Smile As I've almost adopted Junior, a darling lil Chocolate Pinto from the rescue who was bred by Helen (AKA Nellie). I'm waiting for Helen and her possy o'gals to arrange when they can co-ordinate their days off so they can deliver Junior and meet my owls Phezzy and Bo...

All the best.
Elaine Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MayaB

MayaB

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 pm

No doubt you will be I love when your spikey one arrives, Elaine! We did our Midlands trip for the Easter holiday... Too bad I couldn't have been of help!

As a non sequitur, I have a cousin-in-law also named Elaine, living in Coventry! Maybe you will bump into each other someday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elaine67
Elaine67

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Lol!
... Next time your up here you're welcome to pop in for a cuppa!
Back to top Go down
zombiewoman

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:42 am

Maya,

Hello nice to here from you and hope your move has gone well. I live in Illinois. I also breed and rescue but have not had the opportunity to show a APH yet.

Lisa
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Qute-Quillz/318392471572041
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 2:07 pm

A very warm welcome love.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 4:04 pm

So where in surrey are you maya? Wonder if you are near me xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long time hedgie owner, new to England!    Long time hedgie owner, new to England!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long time hedgie owner, new to England!
Page 1 of 1