Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hedgie safe adhesive?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pulpixies

pulpixies

Hedgie safe adhesive? Empty
PostSubject: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I am getting ready to build a viv (scary!) and i got a great background for it but it doesn't have a sticky back on it. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a nontoxic adhesive that I could use? The background has a plasticy feel and i will be sticking it to contiboard.

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pulpixies

pulpixies

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Thanks Charlie! i was thinking of the aquarium adhesive but with the post strikes i've run out of time to order it in time for this weekend -while my dad is visiting and can help me! lol!

Double sided tape sounds good- I will look into that.

do you think any of the spray mounting adhesive would be safe?
Back to top Go down
pricklypaws

pricklypaws

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 4:38 pm

I personally wouldnt use the spray as they are always stronger and it could fall onto the floor of the vivs. I think the best bet for the contiboard is the double sided tape.

Do you have any pet shops near you that sell fish as they might have the adhesive?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pricklypaws.co.uk
pulpixies

pulpixies

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:13 pm

i'm going to bournemouth this weekend to make it so i will try to find a pet shop down there. But, as a back-up, double sided tape sounds good and it would probably be a lot easier to use!!

Thanks Jackie! Laughing
Back to top Go down
pricklypaws

pricklypaws

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Your welcome xx
Back to top Go down
col

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:43 pm

pets at home sell the aquarium stuff if you need it , but as charlie says it does need to air dry 48 hours is advised , that is what i have used , but a good tape would do a good job as long as you make sure both surfaces are really clean

cheers col
Back to top Go down
pulpixies

pulpixies

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Thanks Col. I've built the viv but have actually put off putting the backing in it so maybe i will go for the aquarium adhesive stuff...i didn't realise you could buy it at pets at home!
Back to top Go down
pulpixies

pulpixies

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:40 am

Will do. i'm pretty impressed with it-i have absolutely no diy skills so i was imagining that it would probably end up being really lopsided! lol!

but it looks pretty good-if i do say so myself! thank goodness my dad helped!
Back to top Go down
anglomaltese

anglomaltese

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:42 am

Can't wait to see it! I need to start mine, a trip to B&Q this weekend is in order I think! grin
Back to top Go down
pulpixies

pulpixies

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 9:51 am

when i went to get everything from B&Q i spent almost 2hrs there!! lol!
Back to top Go down
anglomaltese

anglomaltese

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:04 am

Yes, I'm often the same! Mostly because I can never make a decision though! roll eyes
Back to top Go down
pricklypaws

pricklypaws

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:43 am

I cant tell you how many trips I made when hubby was building the viv for mine, gawd and the amount of sample backings as well Embarassed could have opened a wallpaper shop of my own from them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pulpixies

pulpixies

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:39 am

Col, is this the adhesive you used? I couldn't find any at pets at home, but this is what i found on ebay:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
pricklypaws

pricklypaws

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:09 am

How's the viv coming along?
Back to top Go down
pulpixies

pulpixies

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:25 am

i've come to a stand still as i am still debating about the best type of closure for it! lol!

but i'm planning on finishing it this weekend!! Big grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hedgie safe adhesive?   Hedgie safe adhesive? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hedgie safe adhesive?
Page 1 of 1