Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Junior

Go down 
+12
dovaston
Melody
janey
Nikki
zombiewoman
Botty31
tiggyhedgehog
tayer
pammie
Lou
Elaine67
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaga

Gaga

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:12 pm

haha Very Happy and bless you, it is very exciting xx
Back to top Go down
tiggyhedgehog

tiggyhedgehog

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:28 am

loverly pictures again its alwas nice to see pictures of them, whenever were in the shop getting food for the cats i still see things and say, ah, i bet the hedgehogs would like that, can we buy t, and my dad looks at me like im metal ahah i forget sometimes, hes aways loved a bell jingly balls noise Smile im so happy hes loved, hes always been a little cheeky monkey but that why i loved him Smile
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Aww Daisy the girls are doing a great job of keeping you updated and Junior and Tiggy are both so very loved but Jo and Elaine and by you very lucky hedgehogs ..xxxx
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Elaine67
Elaine67

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Annice and Junior are firm friends now:

Junior - Page 3 016-2
Junior - Page 3 021-1 Junior - Page 3 025-1 Junior - Page 3 029-1
Junior - Page 3 031-1
... Jnr's getting ready to doze off in the last one so I popped him back in his zz for some serious zzz's!

If you believe a hedgy can love, then Junior loves Annice.

...Take it as read that Annice adores her little prickly pal. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:16 pm

They are fantastic pictures .. and hedgies can love .. as my Memes hog Moo loves her ... brilliant ... he looks fab too Elaine .x
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:41 pm

He looks lovely Elaine , it's lovely that he has settled so well with you and your family , tiggy has settled in really well too , my daughter loves them to bits and I'm sure they love her just as much Smile x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:11 pm

He looks sooooo happy Eaine Very Happy

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Elaine67
Elaine67

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:18 am

Hi Folks,

I'm hoping this will be third-time-lucky as I tried to post a reply twice last night and kept getting a message saying something like the forum activity was too busy, each time I hit send.

Lou, I posted the 'side' shots so you all could see how he's looking. I'm mightily relieved you agree he's looking good. As the person who attends to his welfare I'm still a bit paranoid about getting it right! Basically, I follow Helen's guide to diet, keep him clean (ably assisted by Annice who'd change his zz 4x a day if I let her! ) Monitor his enviromental temperature using the little digital thermometer I finally bought thanks to Jakes timely post a few weeks ago and give him plenty of handling and play-time. Result? One healthy, happy hoggy lol! One day I'll be as chilled as I am with the rest of the fur'n'feather gang, but he's still newish to me. Suffice to say, both my laptop and favourite hoggy handbook live on the shelf beneath his zoozone. I'm glad we agree on about them being affectionate. I think many animals have simple emotions. Falconers say birds of prey don't show affection, but our Barn Owl Phezzy goes potty if he hasn't seen me for a few hours. when I go into his aviary to jess him up, he runs up my arm, sits on my shoulder and nibbles my hair and ear!

Botty, it's worked out fantastically for all concerned. Our respective families have each got the pleasure of a beautiful little creature and Daisy knows they're both loved and cared for. In addition, any newbies reading these threads will see what a good job the rescue does matching hoggys to homes.

Melody, he is a happy little soul. You'd think he'd been here all his life, instead of just a couple of months. Smile

Back to top Go down

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:35 am

They are lovely photos Elaine and I think hoggies can love, Nigel had a wonderful bond with Horatio, the two of them adored each other and my hoggies know when I am out and about and it shows in how happy they are in their environment.

You have done a wonderful job along with your family in the welfare of Junior, he has slotted right in and for me as his breeder, and for Daisy who originally had him, it has been an absolute pleasure to read about him and of course to see his pictures.

Elaine, it is the mother hen in you - I am the same with the streaked tenrecs, never thought I would have them and have tweaked their set up to get it right, spent a fortune in live food until I found the perfect ones for them and still keep asking people if they look alright - along with they must be eating otherwise they would be dead!! Even a long term hedgie owner like me still worries and panics so you are most certainly not on your own!!
Back to top Go down
pammie
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
pammie

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:53 am

Aww he is such a stunning hog. He looks so much like his dad Milligan ( who I adore!) it's lovely to see him looking so happy and well x
Back to top Go down
Elaine67
Elaine67

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 11:29 pm

Hi Folks,

Junior's quite a little character - full of curiosity. He loves exploring new 'places' so when time allows Chris and I get him out for a chance to stretch his mind as much as his body.

We bought a new SLR for the family. When we got home I thought all the bags and boxes were a perfect playground for our frisky lil friend... Chris used the camera and took these:

Junior - Page 3 020-2
Can I phone Annice on this?

Junior - Page 3 021-2
Chris, have you read this?

Junior - Page 3 022-2
No? ...Leave it to me!

Junior - Page 3 023-2
Hey, put down that thing and give me a hand!

Junior - Page 3 024-2
Oi! Did you hear me?

Junior - Page 3 025-2
Right, that's it - you stay there Mr Paparazzi!!

Junior - Page 3 026-2
Coward!! Calling in the Mrs eh... Put me Down...I can take 'im!!....

In case anyone's worried, the camera bag's brand new and empty. Junior had a ball tipping it over and pushing it around!

I'm wearing gloves 'cos my hands have become a bit over sensitive - I wear barrier cream but still wear gloves with the ferrets and Junior. I only need one glove for the owls lol. Of course it's marrigolds in the kitchen! Smile
Back to top Go down

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:15 am

Junior trying to help - love it, he is so like his sister, you can tell they are brother and sister - he is handsome x
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:32 am

awww love the captions! great photies! lovely hedgehog! very cute! xx
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Fantastic photies Elaine :-)

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Leanne

Leanne

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Junior is gorgeous Elaine:)

Fab pics x
Back to top Go down
Elaine67
Elaine67

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:28 am

John decided to spend some time with Junior tonight. To be honest, Junior wasn't mad-keen to begin with because he doesn't know John very well...
Junior - Page 3 022-3

However, John's very patient and Junior's very curious...
Junior - Page 3 024-3

and before long John's created a new meaning to eating out the palm of his hand...
Junior - Page 3 030-2

Which soon lead to...
Junior - Page 3 035-1

and then...
Junior - Page 3 036-1

It's business as usual and Junior's exploring his new slave!
Junior - Page 3 041-1

Junior - Page 3 043-1
Junior - Page 3 042-1

Cheeky Junior enjoying being spoiled!
Junior - Page 3 038-1

Junior hasn't been held by John for months - mainly because Junior lives downstairs and John generally lives upstairs! However, it didn't take Junior long to accept John - Jnr's such a confident little hog! He had a good long clamber over John before paying him his biggest compliment and (with the mealies gone) settling down on his lap...
Junior - Page 3 027-3
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:39 am

so cute, love the one wher junior is curled in his hand, too cute xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:12 am

Lovely pictures ..... Beautiful hog
Back to top Go down

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:13 am

Lovely Elaine - don't think John will be needing his gloves with Bob - wait till you see him tomorrow xx
Back to top Go down
pammie
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
pammie

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:35 am

aww junior is gorgeous, you can tell hes a milligan hog!
Back to top Go down
Elaine67
Elaine67

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:18 am

Hi folks,
Sorry about the quality - I switched off the flash and used the electric light from the room. John had gloves 'cos Junior was not at all welcoming when he went to pick him up - John got harpooned lol! Honestly though, once Junior worked out that John was actually a good guy, he was off and running. Very Happy

John can't wait for Bob - Bob will love him...And only him...Revenge (on me) will be sweet! Rolling Eyes That little hog's going to spoiled silly! Razz

Back to top Go down

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:21 am

Funny little things are hoggies - Bob is so laid back he is almost horizontal - had to muck them all out again today - dirty little buggers!!

Bob the Bruiser - Nearly home time xx
Back to top Go down
Elaine67
Elaine67

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:51 am

..#Bob the Bruiser - Yes it is!
laugh
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Yep, almost home and dry. Once John gets comfortable about handling Bob, he'll be fine. He deffo won't be needing to wear gloves.

Is he excited Elaine? Very Happy

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Elaine67
Elaine67

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:27 pm

Oh God Yes! I've sent him upstairs to use his 'puter, X-box or something - anything to make the time go quicker!

Neither of us have held a hoglet before so I'm hoping both John's hands and mine (which are really sensitive) will become accustomed to the quills as Bob matures. I put gloves on Annice if she wants to pick Junior up because I'm worried she could drop him if she got quilled.

John's looking forward to having Bob with him almost continually (hence the bonding bag) until he goes back to school. ...Thinking about it, I'll 'frisk' him before he gets in his taxi just to be on the safe side! huh

I bought a little plastic pet carrier (Blue of course) to put him in for the run home. I picked up a tube for his viv yesterday, so between what I've got here and what's coming with him, he's got about everything a well-heeled hog-about-town could possibly want! ...A seriously pampered prickler! stick out

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Junior - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior   Junior - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Junior
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next