Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly the Degu

Go down 
+3
Lou
Spesh
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spesh

Spesh

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Meet Molly (or mad Molly as we call her now!) we adopted her from PAH yesterday after seeing her alone and looking abit bored. She was put up for adoption by her previous owner and to be honest PAH knew nothing about her I was told 3 different ages for her, told she was originally housed with her sister who died but they didnt know if the sister was brought in with her or died before and didnt know how sister died. I was told she should only be housed alone from now on but didnt seem to know why this was. They didnt question my knowledge of Degu's or anything... to adopt there you really just sign the dotted line!!

Anyway now home Molly seems happier shes very friendly comes right up to the cage when you talk to her and eats out of our hand, shes still abit nervous and getting used to household noises but I think she is settling in well. I just need to sort out the issue of her living alone as Degus should always usually be kept in atleast pairs so Ive contacted some Degu breeders with more experience for advice.

I just love her and sooo glad we brought her home!!!

Back to top Go down

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Take a look on preloved and pets classified as well - you don't want to put a smaller one in with her as they will fight - need one the same size .

I love Degu's xx
Back to top Go down
Spesh

Spesh

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Yeh I know I looked yesterday but non near us at the moment..keeping eyes peeled Smile
Back to top Go down

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Will keep an eye out for you as well xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:16 pm

She is beautiful Lesley glad she has a new home with you .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:41 pm

my friend has a degu.. really funny..she keeps chewing her way out of the cage as it has a plastic bottom..they kept blocking it up but she would just go to another spot and chew her way out...they now have a cage with a metal bottom..poor degu sulked for days coz she couldn't get out Very Happy x
Back to top Go down
Spesh

Spesh

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:48 pm

haha yeah PAH put her in a cardboard box yesterday for me to take her home (they wouldnt use the plastic one I took) so I asked for her to be double boxed as I know they chew and I still had to pull over on way home as she chewed through both and nearly escaped so I had to put the box in the plastic box I took! We have a plastic bottomed cage at moment as she was an impromptu purchase lol definately getting a mental bottom cage soon!!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:49 pm

I will keep my eye out to for Hampshire Lesley .. hope you find her a friend .x
Back to top Go down
Spesh

Spesh

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:03 pm

me too thanks ladies Smile
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Aaaaah... You're so kind! I can't believe how quickly they can chew!

How's she doing now? Has she settled in more?

xoxox
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:20 pm

wow, didnt relies they chew through almost anything....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Even their wheels
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:08 pm

your always replacing things then? that works out quite expensive.
Back to top Go down
Spesh

Spesh

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Shes settled in really well and is very friendly and entertaining! The other day she escaped and thought it was a game so every time I tried to get her she ran off but when I stood and ignored her she comes back and runs up my leg hahaha eventually she got bored and hopped back in her cage! She comes right up to the cage when you speak to her and she tries to groom you its very cute!
You can get stainless steel wheels for degus tayer so they dont chew them however weve got a plastic wheel and so far she hasnt chewed it at all....dont think it will be long though as shes chewed everything else!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Did you manage to find her a friend Lesley ?
Back to top Go down
Spesh

Spesh

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:30 am

Not yet Lou Im waiting for her new cage to arrive so weve got more space for them and so its not plastic and more appropriate Smile

Heres few more pics of Mollys first week...

Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:37 pm

Aww she is cute ...

I don't no nothing about Degu's .... do they smell ?
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:07 pm

she looks like a character and a friendly little thing.
Back to top Go down
Spesh

Spesh

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:31 pm

No she doesnt smell at all Smile new cage has arrived now and OH says she loves it (im in manchester) so we can get her a friend now we have a more appropriate set up! Just emailed local RSPCA and rescue centres to see if they have any for rehoming!
They are great pets im so glad we got her Smile
Back to top Go down
Spesh

Spesh

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:21 pm

We are Rehoming a pair of female degu's to help keep Molly company! Same age roughly and we collect them on Saturday very excited!!! Now just need to decide on names Smile
Back to top Go down

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:26 pm

A hugh congratulations - they really do enjoy the company of others - you could have Polly and Dolly xx
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:14 pm

awwww, congrats...so youll have 3 little rascals!! lol
Back to top Go down
Spesh

Spesh

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Collected our 2 new degus today Milly and Maisy Smile

Maisy
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Milly
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Back to top Go down

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Beautiful x
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Awwww..so sweet xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Molly the Degu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly the Degu   Molly the Degu Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly the Degu
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next