Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

black giant squirrell

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaga

Gaga

black giant squirrell Empty
PostSubject: black giant squirrell   black giant squirrell Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:37 pm

this was in the documentary at my interview - very cute

Science Name : Ratufa bicolor

General Characteristics : Black giant squirrel is a large squirrel. Upper part of its body is dark-brown in color. Lower part to belly is light or cream or orange in color. It has big long black tail. Its whisker is distinctively black. Claws of its feet are sharp and curved. Female has 3 breasts.

Habitat / Food : It is found in Nepal, Assam, Myanmar, Southern part of China, Hainan, Indochina, Malaysia, Sumatra, Java, and Bali. In Thailand, it is mostly found in Southern part around Trang, Phuket, Samui, Pangan, Kanchanaburi, and Chantaburi. It is called “pamaew” in the Southern part of Thailand.It eats fruits, insects, and bird eggs.

Behavior / Mating : It is hardly found as it stays in tropical rain forests on high trees. It makes sound when seeing human or other animals. It makes a living alone except in breeding season that it stays in couple.It is mature and ready for mating at the age of 2 years. Its gestation period is around 28 days. One litter contains 1 – 2 young. It makes its nest from dry branches and leafs on top of trees. It sleeps in nest no matter whether it has young or not. It makes many nests in many areas. It will stay in the nest that is in abundant area. It chooses to stay in the nest that enables it to easily find foods. It can live up to 10 or more years.

Current Status : It is a protected animal of Thailand under Thai Wildlife Protection Act B.E. 2535.

Visiting Location : Kao Kheow Open Zoo, Nakhon Ratchasima Zoo

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: black giant squirrell   black giant squirrell Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:39 pm

How seriously cute xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: black giant squirrell   black giant squirrell Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:48 pm

Beautiful x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: black giant squirrell   black giant squirrell Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:49 pm

pretty little thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: black giant squirrell   black giant squirrell Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:50 pm

i love squirrell's and i love these squirrells now! xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: black giant squirrell   black giant squirrell Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:00 pm

Red squirrels for me - stunning x
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: black giant squirrell   black giant squirrell Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:53 am

yes i love reddies! i like greys aswell but they are killing my beautiful reddies!! Sad xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: black giant squirrell   black giant squirrell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

black giant squirrell
Page 1 of 1