Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuggit

General questions Empty
PostSubject: General questions   General questions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 am

Hi,
Ive managed to tick off most of my items for my hoggies new home but I have a couple of questions:

1. Litter
Can I use Carefresh in her litter box? If not, what is the best thing to use, and what brands? I know I can use non clumping cat litter, but there are so many different makes and Im worried about the dust. Also, Ive read somewhere that you can use chinchilla sand. What is the easiest to clean?

2. Im trying to find a play pen so my hoggie will be able to run around without getting lost (our house is pretty chaotic as we've been living with builders for 18 months). Ive found some fencing that seems suitable and expandable, but it is 23cm high. Is this high enough to stop my hoggie getting out?

Thanks very much for your help.

(8 more sleeps until we collect her! Woo hoo!) Big grin

cat
Back to top Go down
Nuggit

General questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: General questions   General questions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Thanks for the info.

Her name is going to be Nuggit and she is a chocolate female. I cant wait to fetch her, although its going to be quite a long trek to get there (6 hours drive each way), but it'll be worth it!

At the moment, Ive ordered a zoozone cage as well as some blankets which I plan on using once Ive cut them to size & sewn them together. That wont happen before she arrives though, and in the meantime I thought Id use carefresh at the bottom of her cage. I didn’t realise that they like eating the stuff - I thought it was good. Oh well, hopefully she'll be able to control her munchies until I make her nice fleecy liners.

Regarding the play pen, I would definitely not leave her unattended (especially since we have a cat), but I'd rather not have to worry about her escaping. Here is a link to it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This one is 2cm higher, but I cant tell if you can add 2 of them together to make it bigger.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks again!
cat
Back to top Go down
pricklypaws

pricklypaws

General questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: General questions   General questions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:36 pm

I have one of those and they are quite big, certainly big enough for a hoglet.

I personally wouldnt use carefresh and it has been reported that hoggies have choked on it, and like Charlie I use fleeces, but use kitchen roll for the litter tray.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pricklypaws.co.uk
angel125

angel125

General questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: General questions   General questions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:46 pm

The pen looks great I have a similar one

But try not to Use Zooplus at all they are complete censored

I paid for stuff from them and it never came and they charged me the censored

I did not get my money back. Did not get my goods. They would not answer the phone. I wrote emails to them all the time. Everytime I got an answer (which wasn't often) they came up with a different story
Said it was dilivered.
I asked when and it just so happened I was in the house the minuite they said they had a signiture from someone
I told them this then they said one of my neighbours got it but would not say who. Well apart from the fact that my neighbours have always handed things over to me, why should I go round the streets looking for something IPAID TO GET DELIVERED TO ME?!!!!!!!!
don't buy anything from Zooplus censored

PETS AT HOME ARE MILES BETTER

Great service
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: General questions   General questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General questions
Page 1 of 1