Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 5:29 pm

One of our released hedgehogs on his travels, Named Wiggo. He is one of the litter of 6 that were rescued last autumn along with their mother.
He has chosen to stick around in the garden he has been released in and is using his house
He is being support fed... he knows where he is better off!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Two more of our hedgehogs are going off to their release site in a bit. So i wont be online until a bit later on as ive got to go and get them ready now (do their hair, make sure they have wash their faces and give them a good talk about staying away from roads Wink )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:12 am

Well thats 2 more of our hogs gone off to their new home. They have a lovely house with a solid oak floor! and a fab garden and surrounding area to forage and do hedgehog stuff in. They already have a visiting hog to the garden who pops round for his nightly dinner. Good luck little hoggies!! Stay safe!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:05 pm

This male hog came to me this morning, now named 'The Stink'.

My neighbour found him in his garden & phoned me as he knows hogs are not normally seen out in the day unless there is something wrong. He was covered in either badger poo or fox and has stank out my hospital! He does not have any injuries thank goodness (as badgers will kill hedgehogs & there is a set close by).

So this is him having a scrub up, i had to use a nail brush on his prickles to get all the poop off. Even after a wash and rinse he still pongs a bit lol.

He is a little on the thin side, and has eaten a little. I am currently testing him for parasites and observing him.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:39 pm

You may remember the Stinky hedgehog that came to us covered in badger poop.
He visited our fantastic vet at Bowbridge this morning, and as I suspected he is blind. Sadly he will never be able to live wild so we are going to see how he gets on living in our secure garden (which we are yet to make secure).
Other than his loss of sight, he is a very healthy hedgehog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:36 pm

We now have a our own You Tube Channel Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:12 am

One of the 2 little hoglets that came in this eve. Found wondering about in the day. Both weigh 119g and around 4 weeks old
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:41 pm

The 2 little hedgehogs that came in to us last night have been eating for themselves (mashed up puppy food with a bit of water) and both gained weight overnight
Im going to have to have a little move about in our hospital this afternoon as its getting quite full atm, with our 2 turkey chicks, a bat, 2 pigeons (which need to be moved into a bigger cage now) and 2 hedgehogs! Luckily we designed it so we can move the shelf units about to cater for what animals we have in at the time
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 6:00 pm

they sound very busy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Get ready to sqweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 am

We had an amazing cash donation today that made me cry!! To the wonderful kind lady i cannot thank you enough... We shall name our new shed in your honour!! xxXXXxxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Things are a bit manic here atm, but im hoping some kind normality (what ever that is in this house!) will be resumed soon!
Stumpy our little Sparrow is still on 30 min feeds, i was so pleased to see him perching this morning! I am willing him to start feeding himself, but is showing no interest atm.
Grumpy the wood pigeon is still on 4 hourly syringe feeds, and he is still as grumpy as ever!
Our little Bat is off to flying school this afternoon as i do not have a room atm that i can test fly him in before he is released.
Our blind hedgehog Stevie Wonder (as my partner calls him) gave me a fright as he decided it was time to hibernate & i thought he had died when i saw he hadnt been out!!
Our 2 little baby hogs are very nearly up to weight & will be ready for release next week
Our 2 little turkeys are growing so fast and they now have most of their feathers, they are now going outside in the day & coming in at night.
I am hoping to get the first lot of auction parcels in the post later today!
Sorry again for the delay, im trying lol xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 7:00 pm

*Rescue Update* Its been very busy here recently. For the remaining few people who are still waiting for their parcels they will be sent out tomorrow and monday. I have had to send them out in stages this time due to lack of time. Our little wood pigeon squab who came from Stonehouse is now fully weaned and out in the aviary, he will be released next week. Stumpy our one footed Sparrow is now fully weaned and coping very well with his stump. He is now out in the aviary. I am keeping a close eye on his stump atm as there is brusing on his leg, which im hoping will clear up, worst case scenario its the start of gangrene... so everything crossed for him!
Our blind hedgehog who escaped & went awol for 2 weeks appeared back in our front garden one eve (my partner tripped over him as it was dark lol) He is doing well and started filling his house up with bedding to hibernate, and he decided to start hibernating already just to give me heart attack thinking he had died or was very ill!
Our 2 baby hedgehogs that were found in Fairford wandering round in the daytime are now up to weight and are ready to be released at the weekend in gardens where they will be support fed. One of our hedgehogs which we over wintered and released in the spring has become permanent resident in the garden where we released him & has been named Wiggo by his feeders. He obviously knows where he is well off!!
Our little Wood Pigeon Squab that travelled all the way from Wolverhampton is doing very well, and is gaining weight. He spends most of his time chilling out in his nest bowl or peeping for food. He is on four hourly feeds until he is weaned.
Our Turkeys are growing fast! And have started to walk back to the hospital at night on their own to go to bed
We have another rescued Turkey coming to live with us from Preston, She was found wondering out in the road on her own. She is a meat breed so we presume she has had a lucky escape from a farm or fallen off a lorry.
Sadly we lost one of our little Pekin Bantams yesterday We are down to 3 now, but on a positive note we have room to rescue some more unwanted bantams in need.
We are also hoping to rescue a couple more ex commercial egg laying hens which would otherwise go to slaughter next month too.
With some of our auction money we were able to buy a Gazebo for our stalls we hope to have next year, also our shed has been ordered and we are just waiting for a delivery date.
Its all go, but we hope to be officially open in October
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 8:37 am

Another little hoglet picked up in the same place, must be the sibling of the one who came in earlier. He is spending the night with our volunteer & will come in tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:55 pm

Playing musical cages this morning in the hospital to make way for hedgehog number 6!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue   Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Five Valleys Hedgehog & Bird Rescue
Page 1 of 1