Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)

Go down 
+2
christinelevis
Tismoi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tismoi

Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Empty
PostSubject: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Hey all,

I was wondering what your experiences are with using a vivarium as housing, or a zoozone type cage. It would be nice to know from people who use them what the pros and cons you've noticed for each are. I'm also currently thinking about using a heat pad for keeping a hoggie warm, but would you recommend a heat lamp instead, and what are your experiences with using different heating methods with different housing?

Thanks for your help Smile
Back to top Go down
christinelevis

christinelevis

PostSubject: Re: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi Smile I have one hoggie and have used a vivarium. They give really easy access and easy to clean (plus you can spy on your hoggie Razz). I used to use a heat mat but Helen recently installed a ceramic heat emitter lamp for me that hangs in the middle of the viv and I've found this much better - definitely worth the investment, especially if you live in a cold house or don't have the heating on often xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.christinelevis.co.uk
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 6:09 pm

I use vivariums also....I find it keeps heat in and easy to fit heat appliances like heat mat or CHE, plus better if you have more than 1hog..a space saver.
I also have a zoo zone...which I find it's easier to clean, but other than that, I don't think there is much going for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs

PostSubject: Re: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 7:00 pm

I started off with zoozones but have moved over to vivariums - find them easier to work with, they keep the warmth in and like Tayer - you can set up the CHE in them better than a zoozone x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 8:24 pm

It is handy to have a zoo zone as well as a vivariums, just incase your going on hols and to move hoggie else where to be looked after like family & friends, but there are also close by breeders who will hog sit...and will most likely have a spare viv...Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Definately Tayer - I have three spares - mainly for rescues etc
Back to top Go down
Tismoi

PostSubject: Re: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 8:32 pm

I must say i've got some sizable plastic storage boxes that might just do for a short period of stay somewhere, so atm they're in mind as an emergency portable house.

Can anyone recommend a good online retailer for vivariums, just so i can have a browse of what's out there - as i've noticed pet shops only have limited stock. swelluk seems quite reasonably priced, especially their compact ones in the sale
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 8:52 pm

The vivs off swell are really good and great price Smile
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 9:05 pm

I think it's swell I got my bulk order of vivs...I got 14 together, and they came so quick...all in one piece...on a pallet.
Back to top Go down
Tismoi

PostSubject: Re: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 9:10 pm

i must say i am quite tempeted by their 'VivExotic Repti-Stax Compact Vivarium Lge Mussel 45" ' (sorry, havent been part of this forum long enough to post direct links) as it's not at all expensive, and a decent size
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 9:42 pm

Yep that's the ones I got...
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 9:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tismoi

PostSubject: Re: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 10:00 pm

oooh, thank-you Smile
now i just need to get the job, and persuade my parents that a hedgehog would be a brilliant pet (although i dont think there is much they can do if i just bring one home  Laughing they know i want to get something as soon as i have the finances)
Back to top Go down
horsy

horsy

PostSubject: Re: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 6:41 am

Hi jenny I used a zoo zone but have moved on to vivs my rescue boy also came in a small zoo zone . Like everyone I also prefare the vivs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)   Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vivarium vs Zoozone (or similar)
Page 1 of 1