Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Litter tray/wheels

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gem_fitz

Litter tray/wheels Empty
PostSubject: Litter tray/wheels   Litter tray/wheels Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 2:38 pm

I'm moving back into halls at uni which means that me and my hedgie will be living in very close quarters! His flying saucer has a tendency to make a lot of noise when he's running on it when it's brushing against the sides of his litter tray. I've tried him with a savic wheel but it was quite stiff and he didn't physically seem able to make it move/didn't realise it did move. So the only solution I can think is to replace his litter tray with something that is more shallow so the saucer won't rub against it. However, I'm worried that if I do this it will put his litter training to waste as he'll no longer think to go there. Will this be a problem or will he register that under his wheel is still where he is supposed to go? Or can anyone suggest a different solution?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
kosmik kristi

kosmik kristi

Litter tray/wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litter tray/wheels   Litter tray/wheels Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:49 pm

I would downsize the litter pan and move it to a different part of the cage. Flying saucers are hard to have with litter pans which is stinky because they are very quiet wheels. Larry T @ Carolinastormhedgehogs.com has some fantastic wheels and it comes with the perfect size litter pan to go underneith : )

Hope this helped!
Back to top Go down
http://pricklythings.webs.com

Litter tray/wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litter tray/wheels   Litter tray/wheels Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:59 pm

I use Larry's storm wheel that comes with a litter pan that fits under the wheel perfectly.
Sound wise Larry's wheel is quiet too.....maybe worth picking one up for a try?
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Litter tray/wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litter tray/wheels   Litter tray/wheels Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:53 pm

I am the Uk dispatcher for Larrys wheel and will be starting a thread for orders shortly .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
tayer
tayer

Litter tray/wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litter tray/wheels   Litter tray/wheels Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:53 pm

Larrys wheels are amazing!! Totally agree!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Sponsored content

Litter tray/wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litter tray/wheels   Litter tray/wheels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Litter tray/wheels
Page 1 of 1