Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wardrobe conversion... help please :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dobbyhog

dobbyhog

wardrobe conversion... help please :) Empty
PostSubject: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:56 pm

hello!!!

My OH is beginning the process of converting our old wardrobe into a three stack, one for dobby, one for future baby and the other space for storage and maybe another hoggie in the future

We plan on using fly screening for the doors so theres plenty of circulation etc but Im just wondering if anyone has any advice or pointers. Currently Dobby is in a zoo-zone and poppy will stay in the converted fireplace as it wouldn't be right for her to move Smile
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:43 pm

I would ask Dovaston for doors as hers are fab ... !! she has made a moosiveee 4 stack .. im sure she can give u some pointers Sam her first name is Sheila .
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:46 pm

I shall endeavour to put a pic up of my very nearly finished 4-stack. Later on this evening xx
Back to top Go down
janey

janey

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 5:12 pm

It would be great to see it Sheila for ideas x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:16 pm

look forward to seeing piccies x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:43 pm

i loooovvvee seeing peoples conversions!!! it amazes me!! lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi all - sorry but no pics tonight - I am off to bed early as I am not feeling well - darned cold!!! Promise will post tomorrow - sorry sorry xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:36 pm

hope u feel better soon hun xx
Back to top Go down
janey

janey

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Get well soon xx
Back to top Go down
dobbyhog

dobbyhog

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:08 pm

ooooh cant wait for the pictures! havnt been on all day, very busy sorting out family things x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:09 pm

Sheila was unwell last night Sam , not sure if she has been on today but im sure when she feels better she will post them its moosive and Sheilas girls have painted the back ground .. its looks fab
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi again - Here are the pics I promised of my viv (still not quite complete tho - but will be this weekend!!) It is made from mdf, I done the calculations first, then went to b&q and got them to cut the sheets to size. My son used a jigsaw to cut holes in doors, I then used flyscreen that I got from garden centre and stapled it all in place. The interior is all pva sealed, then on ceiling and 2 side walls I have undercoated then glossed in white. The floors are vinyl floor tiled (for easy wipe clean) the back walls are my 4 daughters artwork (they each 'own' a hog) this is done on lining paper using sample pots of vinyl matt. Each cubicle is 4' x 2' of floor space so they will have loads of room to run around in. Oh this unit is on wheels - I had a piece of mdf left over so bought 4 casters from b&q (the ones that will support a settee) screwed them onto the wood then screwed it to the base through the floor of the bottom viv. Phew hope this helps xx

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Doors closed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Vertical 'barn door' open for ease of quick feeding. Sides alternated so my daughters can stand and do theirs 2 at a time (no squabbling!!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Doors fully opened to reveal artwork in all it's glory, plus full access for cleaning out etc.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Looks fab She .. i love it !!!!
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:56 pm

wow, thats amazing!!! lucky hoggles!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:36 pm

lovely sheila xx
Back to top Go down
janey

janey

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Thats fab Sheila x
Back to top Go down
dobbyhog

dobbyhog

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:06 am

fantastic! thank you for posting! we were given a vivarium on friday for a bearded dragon and we are going to copy the air vents for the hogs so now it will be a 4/5 stack as the dragons viv will go on the bottom.

we have about a month until the dragon comes home (suprise birthday gift for my fiance) so we are aiming to get the wardbrobe converted by then Smile
Back to top Go down
janey

janey

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:19 am

I love bearded dragons, they are fab. Don't forget to post some piccies. I bet your fiance will love it. x
Back to top Go down
dobbyhog

dobbyhog

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:37 am

oh I will dont worry Smile he keeps mentioning it and has no idea how soon hes getting one at last! xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:31 pm

bless him can't wait to see piccies sam xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wardrobe conversion... help please :)   wardrobe conversion... help please :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wardrobe conversion... help please :)
Page 1 of 1