Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poor hoggie...

Go down 
+5
Lou
Melody
tayer
Leanne
angriesthedgehog
9 posters
AuthorMessage
angriesthedgehog

angriesthedgehog

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 11:37 am

Poor Diego...

he has been in an out of vets recently, who has suggested he is an old man with not long left. He has been diagnosed with cancer and is not expected to live more than a few weeks (at best) more. Poor guy also has terrible skin which flakes and scabs and he routinely gets infected "quill roots" He is also starting to slowly go bald. All there is now is to make him comfortable for as long as possible. I am just glad I had him awhile so he wasnt stuck in that godawful place for his whole life.

Poor hoggie... 28f880f7
Poor hoggie... 709646f9
Poor hoggie... 9c687fb3

He has the sweetest nature, and though he is looking worse for wear now, I will miss him no end when the time comes for him to leave...
Back to top Go down
Leanne

Leanne

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 11:52 am

Aww brought tears to my eyes SadSadSad poor little mite. Least he had you to care for him and look after him till the end xxx
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 11:54 am

awwww poor little guy....sorry to hear this...Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 12:11 pm

Oh no... how sad to hear this... How long have you had him for Hayley? He's a sweet looking fella, bless xx

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Oh my days he doesn't look well at all Hayley .. does he have much quaility of life now ? ooo this has brought tears to my eyes Diego was one of my favs in your herd :O( sooo sad .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
angriesthedgehog

angriesthedgehog

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 12:23 pm

his quality of life is not too bad really, he is very skinny, but still eats fine and the sores on his skin dont seem to itch him. As long as he is still pottering around I am happy. The vet thinks he is not in pain or discomfort. The worst thing is he went from normal, to this wreck of a hog in about three weeks Sad I have noticed him starting to get a bit shaky now. Horrible as it sounds, I hope he goes peacefully at home and doesnt need to be pts
Back to top Go down
angriesthedgehog

angriesthedgehog

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Oh I havent had him that long, less than a year for sure. It feels like I had him forever as I just love him so much. Actually thats him in my signature, next to the beanie
Back to top Go down
janey

janey

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Awww, poor Diego, he looks a little sweetie, sending hugs xx
Back to top Go down
angriesthedgehog

angriesthedgehog

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:57 pm

and considering this was him in january...
Poor hoggie... 0d390bb1
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:05 pm

It's so sad how they can go down hill so quickly .. what ever you decide to do Hayley will be the right decision he looks sore , and weak .. makes me feel rather sad as he didn't have a good life to begin with at least with you he has had some quality of life even if it has being short .
Back to top Go down

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:32 pm

My heart goes out to you Hayley - you will know when the time is right and for the last year of his life he has had a loving home with you - my thoughts are with you and Deigo x
Back to top Go down
angriesthedgehog

angriesthedgehog

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:28 pm

While he still has some quality of life and is not in pain, if that changes, I wont be leaving him suffering.

I got him late june last year so thats only 7months No what a life for a hog
Back to top Go down

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Hayley - I went through similar with Henry and whilst I deeply hoped that he would improve I knew deep down I would have to make the decision that you will have to make - you will know, it is all in their eyes - I gave Henry quality time with lots of love and lots of treat foods.

Seven months is not a long time but at least it was seven months of love and not seven months of hell.

If you need an ear, always here for you x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:03 pm

He is so lucky to have found you darling, I am in tears reading this.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
angriesthedgehog

angriesthedgehog

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:28 pm

well he is still here, funnily he is looking more perky the last couple of days. Its horrible going in every morning and wondering if I will find him alive or not Sad
Back to top Go down

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Hayley, I really feel for you right now, this is what I was like with Henry -here if you need anything x
Back to top Go down
angriesthedgehog

angriesthedgehog

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:52 pm

aw thanks Smile very kind xx
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:16 pm

big hugs hayley xxx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:19 pm

I don't envy you right now .. he really does not look well in these pictures ... hard to say what i would do in your postition . Really feel for you .x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:57 pm

We are all here for you love and I am sending lots of loving vibes.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poor hoggie... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor hoggie...   Poor hoggie... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poor hoggie...
Page 1 of 1