Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well

Go down 
+4
janey
tayer
Lou
Rainy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rainy

Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Empty
PostSubject: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Hi Everyone. My name is Loraine and I have two hedgies, Harvey and Izzy (Isabelle). Harvey is an Algerian Chocolate and Izzy is a White Bellied Brown. I've had Harvey for about five months. I got him at a pet store (there's a little mom & pop one just up the road -- they take pretty good care of their hedgies and are open to suggestions and advice). I rescued Izzy about three weeks ago from a girl, who in turn, rescued Izzy from her little brother who was neglecting and torturing her. Sad That makes me so angry. grrrr. Mad Anyway, moving on.

I live in Michigan, US with my husband, Joel, two dogs (Cap'n & Betty Lou), two cats (Steve and Five) and of course, Harvey and Izzy. Been married for 18 years this month and I just finished my bachelor degree in human services. I'm planning to go to Spring Arbor U next year to get a Masters in Counseling.

Please tell me a little bit about yourself and your hedgies. Very Happy

Of course, here are pictures of Harvey and Izzy.

Harvey
Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well IMG_0240

Izzy
Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well IMG_0342

Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:36 pm

Hey Loraine ..welcome to the forum

Im lou we met on my crazy page on facebook . I have ten hedgies ..

Brillo is a rescue and a chocolate
sherbert is a rescue and is a brown snowflake
Herbiie is a chocolate chip or heavy flake .. not sure what you call them over there
I have 2 Albinos ice, Dolly pudding
one Algerina Brown Nelson
champagne humphrey
cinnamon Tallulah
Precious is a algerian grey and has just had a litter
Moo is a agerian grey and one of Precious babies from her first litter

I am a full time mom to 4 girls 22, 14, 12, 6 and my two youngest have special needs one has Autism the other is showing signs of ADHD .

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:12 am

Wow. It sounds like you are really busy!

Thanks for inviting me to the forum. Very Happy

Over here, there is a lot of research on pet therapies and how they help children with autism. Do you think your pets help your child with autism? If this is too personal, please disregard.

I can't wait to see pictures of Precious' little ones. I bet they are darling! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:26 am

Its very interesting that you should say that Loraine .. my daughter Meme who has Autistic spectrum disorder and several other issues has a huge interest in animals .She has a poor sleep cycle and strokes our cat Bear who sleeps on her bed to help her relax, she has adopted lol three of my hedgies and we call her the hedgehog whisperer as she is very good with grumpy hogs .I am very open to different ideas i have a lot of friends in the US that keep me updated ..

As for Bo who is just fully charged all the time its hard to get her to sit still for five mins ... she has got a guinea pig but gets restless very quickly ...x

I am excited to see the babies too love listening to them squeaking lets me no they are ok .x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:44 am

Welcome both hope to speak to you soon!!!

I can't wait for lou's babies either, and meet my little choggie pie!! Lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
janey

janey

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:43 am

Welcome to the forum, Izzy and Harvey are lovely. I have four hogs, five cats, a dog and two parrots and am mum to Matt 23, Nadine 21,Alice 17, Dominic 16 and Charlie 9, my step-daughter also lives with us Katie she is 13 she has ADHD and Aspergers.
Hope to speak to you soon x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:00 am

Hi Loraine and welcome to the forum.

I'm helen and I currently have the following

Belle - Grey Pinto Female
Hattie - Brown Female (Retired)
Honey - Albino Female (Retired)
Daisy Duke - Algerian Grey Female (Retired)
Henrietta - Champagne Female
Herby - Chocolate Female (Retired)
Dougal - RE Cinnicot Male
Eden - Chocolate Snowflake Female
Holly - Cinnamon Gilr (Retired)
Milligan - Chocolate Pinto Male
Boss Hog - Algerian Dark Grey
Karli - Algerian Grey Pinto Snowflake
Fabio - Chocolate White Male (Retired)
Hermione - Chocolate Female (Retired)
Clover - Brown Female
Lou - Heavy Chocolate Snowflake

Nora Bat Ears - Desert Hog Female

Tenrecs - Orinocho, Tessie Termin-eater, Tobemory, Shansi and Miss Adelaide

Two Doggies - Jack and Squiddle

Two Bearded Dragons - Stumpy and Mulan

One Occelated Uromastyx - Mooshoo

Nicholas - Grunting 15 year old teenager

Nigel - long suffering OH!!
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:33 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'm Nikki and I have..

Millie... albino female
Coco... Algerian brown female
Morris...algerian chocolate pinto male

and Tenrecs... Daisy and Pepper my little womble sisters x
Back to top Go down
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 4:35 am

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!!

I've always been curious about the difference between tenrecs and hedgehogs.....Is there a big difference or are they just a subcategory like algerian and white bellied?

I love all of your signatures! So sweet. It seems like it takes 100 bad pictures for every good one that you get! Laughing

Oooh! And Helen, I hear that 15 year old grunting teenagers are rare.......(hehehe) Rolling Eyes

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:33 am

There is quite a lot of difference between tenrecs and APH - tenrecs are arboreal so love to climb and there paws and toe nails are made for this purpose. They are a lot smaller and some can be very fussy when it comes to food although most will do will on a similar diet to APH with the addition of more live food - check out the Tenrec section for more info.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:47 am

Thanks! I'll check it out! Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:32 am

Hi and welcome my names natalie I have 6 hogs and 2 babies.
Kizzy chocolate pinto retired
Rosalie brown snowflake
Mimzy grey
Milligan chocolate pinto snowflake
Peaches albino
Sparkle cinnacot with 2 bubbas at feet

Hope you like our friendly forum look forward to picks x
Back to top Go down
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Thank you Nat. You all seem very friendly and close to one another. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:38 pm

Alot of us became friends through our love of hedgehogs .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Second that - have met some lovely people through my hoggies and some nutters!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 6:15 pm

cough cough splutter im guessing that im the nutter think
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 6:35 pm

Yep Lou xx Although there are really quite a few more on here...I am totally out of my depth.. lol!
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi Lorraine and welcome to our happy friendly place xx
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 7:01 pm

Sorry forgot proper intro:
My name is Sheila and I have:

Tulip - Algerian Grey
Truly (we share birthdays!) Algerian Chocolate Snowflake
Snoopy - Chocolate Pinto Snowflake
Flora - Chocolate Pinto Snowflake
Igel - Algerian Grey Snowflake

6 Chickens - Gregory, Clucky, Dora, Upsy-Daisy, Peapod and Bouazza

2 Lionhead Rabbits - George and Oscar

2 Guinea Pigs - Frank and Muffin

5 children - Oliver 22, Dominique 14, Bryony 12, Tuesday 11 and Charity 9

and one oh - Mark

I am the sane one on here!
Back to top Go down
BuzzieBoy

BuzzieBoy

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi loraine.

welcome to the forum! i'm pretty new to the scene too! i met and fell in love with my first hedgies about 6mnths ago.

I have Buzz an albino male, Stellina an algerian grey female with five babies and Big Bertha a chocolate pinto female who shortly will hopefully have some babies too. i also have a yorkshire terrier, 6 budgies and 2 turtles( actually the turtles belong to my 7 yearold son).

Most importantly i have 4 amazing children, Franco 7, Ethan 6, Ryan 4 and Amelie 8mnths. oh don't let me forget my very patient husband that puts up with us all!

hope you enjoy the forum!
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:37 am

hey, i didnt relise we were going in depth with our intro.....lol

well i am tayer....i have 6month old grumpy pinto called poppet, and a second baby on the way from lou!! dont know what colour as yet, but she is called honey-dew.

i live in Wales and may i add im the only one from wales....lol
and have 2 kids 3yr old and 5yr old!! girl and boy!!

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well   Harvey and Izzy.  Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harvey and Izzy. Please be patient with them on the forum, they can't type well
Page 1 of 1