Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog? Empty
PostSubject: Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog?   Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:40 pm

It is important to remember that Hedgehogs are wild animals and should never be kept as pets or forced to stay in an enclosed area. They like to roam free and should not be stopped from doing so.

However, if they have been unwell and cared for and nursed back to health many require a 'soft release' back into the wild. We are hoping to bring you a short video of how we release them back into the wild and if you think you can offer a good home then please Contact Us using the form or telephone the above numbers.

REMEMBER - when thinking about offering a home in your garden you should:
NOT use slug pellets or chemicals
NOT use pea netting
ENSURE all ponds and water features have an escape route such as a ramp
ENSURE that you have a pile of logs and old leaves where the hedgehogs can build a home
OFFER an area that is quiet and will be undisturbed
THAT you live in an area where there are no badger sets as they are a hedgehogs predator
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog?   Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:10 am

I would so love to do this. At the moment I'm working encouraging the plants, bushes etc to grow a bit more. There is a fair gap the length of the shed that I'm sure could be filled with old leaves etc so that Mr or Mrs hoggie can live there.

xoxox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog?   Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:24 am

Or failing that, have you got the room for a hutch and then you could help out by taking a hoggie that needs feeding up prior to release? Have told Claire I shall be investing in some hutches and then I can help her out with these guys to free her time with the ones that really do need the help xx
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

PostSubject: Re: Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog?   Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:50 am

I would love to help the wildies but we don't get any visit our garden as we have concrete boards all around it Sad . They are beautiful animals x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog?   Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:52 am

Have you thought about having a hutch though to help ones that need feeding up only Jo - that way you could be helping, can find you a local carer to you who might just be glad of some help xx
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

PostSubject: Re: Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog?   Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:55 am

I would love to Helen , I'm sure I have a local Carer in a village called ' countesthorpe ' which is near me but I don't know her name Sad x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog?   Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:56 am

I will have a poke around for you Jo and see who I can find xx
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

PostSubject: Re: Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog?   Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:56 am

Thank you Helen Smile x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog?   Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:01 am

Hedgehog Rescue Centre
5 Barkby Road, Queniborough, LE7 3FE
0116 260 6424
Pat Wadd
Leicestershire

Leicester Hedgehog Rescue
Leicester
Phone see website
Colleen Powell
Website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Leicestershire Wildlife Hospital
12 Rookery Close, Kibworth Beauchamp, LE8 0SD
0116 279 3789 or 07951285366
Angela Downham
Website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Prickly Hollow Hedgehog Sanctuary
17 Springwell Drive, Countesthorpe, Leicester, LE8 5SR
07963 140004
Sue and Malc Blackborow

Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

PostSubject: Re: Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog?   Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:19 am

Brilliant thank you Helen , I will contact the ones in countesthorpe as it's only down the road from me also the kilworth beauchamp is not far SmileSmileSmile x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog?   Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:20 am

No worries Jo xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog?   Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you provide a safe home for a Hedgehog?
Page 1 of 1