Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hogles Wood Hedgehog home

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Empty
PostSubject: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:38 am

Little Barby came out on cue tonight so I could use my new camera ,,Just listen to him crunch those mellies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:23 pm

Ha ha caught the little tinker coming back for another much and a cool off in the water bowl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 2:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have at least 3 residents in my compose and hay heap behind the shed but take a look at (as a Hogleswood friend named him) "the gutsy snail on the top" lol — at Hogles Wood Hedgehog home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:44 pm

I cant believe my little film about Barby munching the Meal worms has had 720 people watch it ,Wow thank you. I hope as many and more like my photo above of one of Hogleswood Autumn Juveniles last year (Little Penny ) So here is the idea every time you have a cup of tea or coffee coke or beer wine or water. CHECK the ground level water containers Little penny thinks thats a great idea =/////'>)x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 9:55 am

Must just say quick before i am off to do feeding boxes and water lawn to bring up the worms etc. Next doors removal of the brick fence and new wooden and concrete one going up did not stop all my little guys returning last night ,So pleased. some photos coming later
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:49 pm

Morning all from all the Hogles we are all sleeping now till the temp goes down tonight and all the nasty flies go away ,Now please dont forget Little Hogles do not go out in the sun they do not lay out and Sunbath and this time of the year its very unusual to see one out for natural reason(one could be seen collecting to build a nest ) PLEASE PLEASE DONT IGNORE IT, knock on the nearest door ask for a box tub anything to restrain the little guy , dont walk off and leave him, try to get the help of a passer by, the little guy as soon as he can will try to get away.. Once you have restrained him (if you cant get gloves if your not brave enough to use bare hands use a newspaper) They rarely bite honest in spite of whats been seen on line lately ,THIS IS ALMOST NEVER.. as soon as you can phone your nearest rescue keep these no. s in your purse or wallet for help,BHPS 01584 890801 Tiddywinkles 01844 292292 ....Rescues are very busy so ask for as many no.s as you can in case one cant help REMEMBER TIME COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIFE OR DEATH SO PLEASE DONT HANG ABOUT ON THIS ONE FRIENDS cover him up and offer some clean water ask the advice of a rescue before you offer food keep him somewhere quiet ...
Look at that great Idea by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Brilliant if you are likely to be away some time try this out .I today am on the scrounge for some empty lemonade bottles
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Big fires in Eppng Forest they have a very healthy Hedgehog population there,so sad PLEASE PLEASE be careful with cigarette ends Barbecues, and Glass bottles Lots of babies and nest around PLEASE remind any one your out with too if you think they are being careless PLEASE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 8:08 pm

Me and my pal
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:04 am

Have I missed one of the posts somewhere explaining why they need empty lemonade bottles? I've gone right through them (I think) but can't see anythink.

xoxox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:14 am

Look at that great Idea by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Brilliant if you are likely to be away some time try this out .I today am on the scrounge for some empty lemonade bottles

Check on the link Melody x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 4:22 pm

Update on Little Moon He has had to stay at" Foxy Lodge " looks like an attack ,leg could be broken more tests to come and he has a puncture wound on his neck He is on anti Biotics and a bit of a waiting game at the moment The wonderful "Foxy Lodge" have never lost one of mine yet Hopefully when he is sorted i may be able to have him back to nurse . we are all rooting for you Little Moon More news later in the week Thank you for all your kind wishes ♥
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 10:50 am

Morning everyone ,Well its looks like we are going to get some of that well needed Rain,At last we shall get some of those well needed little Critters coming to the surface for our little mammals and birds to sup on. I know its a tall order but as the ground is so hard its not going to soak in easily so will will have many garden small flash floods ,SO,if you can think of any little way of helping our little pals Birds should be ok most nests now have been vacated ,Its out little ground nest any kind of make shift barrier will help maybe a little gully to divert water... Most important after each storm a quick look please to make sure no little ones have been washed out of nests .Place in a safe place nearby and watch concealed to see if mum returns to move them to another nest site she will if she can. Please please dont be tempted to help the move this could be fatal for the little ones involved if mum does not return ( you must decide on a time scale by the condition of the Hoglet ) Then you must help and advice from your rescue centre... If this does happen a good idea would be to have someone in the know on standby anyway to help
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:18 am

Morning every one looks like sunny weather has returned ,On the East Coast anyway ,so dont forget ts back to checking all those little water bowls If you have any nice dry hay in the sheds a little scattered under bushes and sheds will help our little guys with some dry materials for their beds Had a hectic few days so update photos in Hogleswood a bit thin but today and tonight we are out in force to get a few Have a good day everyone ...A little job for you today ...Watch out for any discarded P.O. Elastic band they can as you can see do Horrendous damage so eyes peeled folks (this little guy did survive) Maybe also have a word with your local postie sometimes they don't think or realise the problem ..Thats where your help is needed friends thank you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:43 am

The film of Little Barby munching on his Meal Worms I want to use for a little survey ,Wonder what you all think ....I find that when there is any rain even just a little the hedgehogs visiting are much less ,As I believe many nest in the Hedgerows of the school Field at the bottom of my garden that on their nightly Journey across the school field they find lots of worms and beetles that come up with the fresh rain My Question there fore is "Do you have less Hogles visiting after a rainfall" this survey will help determine how important the food we leave out is in dry weather just a "no" if rain makes no difference to numbers and a "Yes" if there are less visiting after rain thank you =

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 9:16 am

i HAD A MESSAGE FROM A LADY WHO WAS VERY WORRIED ABOUT A HEDGEHOG THAT HAD BEEN KICKED BY A MAN THAT THOUGHT HIS DOG WOULD GET FLEAS BY SNIFFING IT..i SAY ONCE AGAIN HEDGEHOG FLEAS ARE HOST SPECIFIC THEY CANT LIVE ON DOGS CATS OR HUMAN ,YOU WILL SEE BY THE IMAGES DOG AND CAT FLEAS HAVE SHORTER LEGS AND THICKER SKINS LONGER LEG ONES (HEDGEHOG FLEAS) HAVE LONGER LEGS TO GET THROUGH THE TOUGH SPINES AS SOON AS THEY ENCOUNTER SHORT HAIRED WARM DENSE COATS 0F CATS DOGS OR HUMANS THEY JUMP OF AND WAIT FOR A HEDGEHOG TO PASS SO THEY WONT INFEST YOUR ANIMALS AND PLEASE PLEASE DONT USE A DOG OR CAT FLEA SPRAY OR DROPS ON THE LITTLE GUY YOU WILL KILL HIM USE IF YOU MUST A CAGE BIRD " RID MITE 2 THIS WILL SAFELY DO THE JOB JUST A SMALL PUMP ALONG HID BACK THANKS =/////O> — DONT GET IT WRONG ANY MORE PLEASE ,READ THIS (

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 9:17 am

Cat Flea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 9:17 am

Hedgehog Flea
Back to top Go down

Dog Flea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:02 am

MY LITTLE VISITORS PROVING LAST NIGHT WHERE EVER YOU PUT IT AND WHAT EVER YOU PUT IT IN THEY WILL FIND IT AND ENJOY A LOVELY DRINK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:14 am

We got a new kid on the block and we are all jealous of his lovely cream collar lots more photos later
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:14 pm

Had word from "Foxy Lodge" that Little Moon is not very well every thing is being done for him on Anti Biotics his leg was O.K. what i thought was injury was him just so unwell he could not walk properly "Foxy Lodge " is now saying he could be a very old boy and although I found him before the flies and the maggots did it may have still been to late Every thing is being done for Little Moons recovery and i know he is in the best hands. I have been told he may not make it back to be released again on Hogleswood ,In the meantime if love could cure all you would be back now Little Moon All is not lost yet but Little Moon is a very poorly little man x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:34 am

my goodness I have just seen the biggest hog ever in Hogleswood I could here this huffing and snorting I thought it was a" love scene" or a "move out the way" scene but it was this huge hog having a grumble at my Solar light i tied to get a pick but was off still wobbly grumble you know the sound just got his back can you judge the size I do hope he comes back i want a closer look at this handsome guy I would make a guess at between 1300/1500 grms a bit on the long so so well fattened up Wow ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:57 am

Morning everyone sorry about the quiet day yesterday on site (hospital App.)But rest assured I still got and answered all your messages and questions 'Back later with some more information and photos .Just to help you remember, these fantastic little guys just love the night life ,If you see them ion the day please contact your nearest rescue Because something is proberly not right .A nice high sided box you can close with lots of air hole ,a cat basket, or similar cos dont forget even if we are very very unwell the strength we can find to stay free is amazing .a little drink will also be good. Early evening and dawn, we could be mums collecting late nourishment for our wee ones your rescue will advise you,
Meantime here's a little taster of a little guy showing you just how handsome we are more later including Babies out with mum near our nest site
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 4:49 pm

These two were huffing and puffing last night
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Lets start the day with a smile ,This is "Hugo's" bum ,Hugo is a giant hog that visits. Last night although i have many exits and entrances for the hogles he choose the smaller one .No way Hugo he soon realised his mistake and found a bigger one ...Lots of visitors last night lots of photos later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hogles Wood Hedgehog home   Hogles Wood Hedgehog home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hogles Wood Hedgehog home
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next