Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Ok so where in your viv do you put the heat mat i know it goes under the liner but does it go in the middle of viv or in the beding area?
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:15 pm

the way i have inca's viv se up is that the heat mat goes on one end of the viv (if you are using it underneath the liner) then you can pop your pouch/hut on top of that and your wheel and litter tray on the other end xxx
Back to top Go down

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:36 pm

If I use one half of it goes under their nest box and the other half in the viv
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Hey Leslie, because I use zoozones.... I put the heatmat on top of a piece of melamine shelf unit (to protect what the zoozone is sitting on) underneath the Zoozone oat the end where the igloo and sleeping pouch is.... If any if my hedgies using a heatmat were too hot, they can then move away fom the heat sorce to a cooler area.

If I were to us a viv, I would put it under the fleece liner in the same place or tape it up on the back wall....
xoxox
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:04 pm

If your going with a viv Gem i would place it under the igloo ...x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:13 am

ok thanks everyone.
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:12 am

yeah mine is under the bedding...but when mav got to hot...he slept in his tunnel...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:42 am

Depending on the size of the heatmat you can always tape it to the back of the vivarium wall and then it gives out an ambient temperature all the time.
Back to top Go down

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:47 am

tape to inside or outside viv? its 11x 11 inch.
Back to top Go down

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:51 am

The Inside Gem x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:55 am

You can long thin strip ones for that, can't you?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:57 am

You can get long thin strips but if I were to go for this option I would use a bigger heat mat x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:46 pm

I would use the bigger heat mat too .x
Back to top Go down

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:55 pm

so is it more important to keep the warm temp all of the time? or should it be warmer in the day while sleeping or in the night ? sorry if its a stupid question.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:59 pm

you need to keep a over all temp Gem .. x
Back to top Go down

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:04 pm

ok thought so.
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:38 pm

gem i use my heatpad at one end of the viv and on the other end i have a thermometer so i know the temp throughout the viv, and i can see if the temperature is staying constant xxx
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:21 pm

Me too Gem, that way choggie can decide to find a warmer spot or cool down somewhere....

No question is stupid missus!

xoxox
Back to top Go down

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks everyone i will put it in beding area. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another question   Another question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another question
Page 1 of 1