Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Went to a hedgehog rescue!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MayaB

MayaB

Went to a hedgehog rescue! Empty
PostSubject: Went to a hedgehog rescue!   Went to a hedgehog rescue! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:32 pm

I finally got to meet some Euro hogs last weekend when we visited a rescue centre by Great Yarmouth. I was surprised at how alike they are in features to the aph except for their giant paws. So sweet and the ones being cared for were surprisingly friendly. I thought it was interesting that they had a female being housed with a large (putting the PIG in Pygmy!) albino aph.

I also got to hold a baby fox cub and even got a pic.

Tomorrow I plan to call the rescues listed in Surrey off the bhps site so see if we can get one in our garden. Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Went to a hedgehog rescue!   Went to a hedgehog rescue! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Hey Maya

Glad you found it a pleasant experience . I am a little suprised that they would house a wilde and a APH together though .

Good luck with the rescues ... they then to release back into places that the wildes were found and wouldn't let them stay in a enclosed garden unless there was a reason why they couldn't be released back into the wilde .
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: Went to a hedgehog rescue!   Went to a hedgehog rescue! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Glad you had an enjoyable time - I love visiting Virginia and her wildies x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Went to a hedgehog rescue!   Went to a hedgehog rescue! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Have to do that Helen when im done for the parachute jump .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: Went to a hedgehog rescue!   Went to a hedgehog rescue! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:05 pm

No worries xx
Back to top Go down
virginia

PostSubject: Re: Went to a hedgehog rescue!   Went to a hedgehog rescue! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:38 am

A wild european hog and an A.P.H,housed together, really???? !! are APH not susceptible to wildies parasites then? just interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Went to a hedgehog rescue!   Went to a hedgehog rescue! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:55 am

Hi Vi

We have seen APH being kept in outside runs with straw for bedding which is not good for APH - some but not all of the wildie rescues do not agree with APH being kept as pets but when they come into their rescues they do not set up for the APH properly - I know that if you came across any you would know where to come for help and also Gill at Thatcham has taken two in and possibly a third to come to our rescue and I also have contact with another rescue where if they have any come through they will contact us - but sadly others do not seem to want or need the help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Went to a hedgehog rescue!   Went to a hedgehog rescue! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Went to a hedgehog rescue!
Page 1 of 1