Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kindhearted readers show support for hedgehog rescue centre

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Kindhearted readers show support for hedgehog rescue centre Empty
PostSubject: Kindhearted readers show support for hedgehog rescue centre   Kindhearted readers show support for hedgehog rescue centre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HEDGEHOG rescuer Angela Squires has thanked members of the public for their generosity after the Echo highlighted the plight of her prickly orphans.

Her CRASH centre in Poole, is inundated with dozens of injured hedgehogs and youngsters who have not gained enough weight to be able to hibernate safely.

Disabled Angela is giving them round-the-clock care at her home in Canford Heath, providing their veterinary treatment and food from her own pocket and donations to the charity.

Since the Echo’s article last month, she has been given more baby hedgehogs, who are fed on pet food once they are weaned. But she has also been delighted by the support she has received from the community.

“People were dropping off tins of pet food and mealworms, from a few tins to whole cases. One man brought several cases, amounting to around 100 tins. Considering I use around 40 tins a night, this was very welcome indeed,” she said.

“Pupils and staff from Talbot Heath Junior School donated several bags and a case of pet food as well as a generous cash donation. I’ve also had cheques from other individuals wanting to help.

“The hedgehogs and I are so grateful – the situation was getting urgent as I have so many in, needing to be fed every night through the whole winter period. The majority are either too small to hibernate or they have injuries that mean they must be prevented from hibernating or they will die.”

Anyone with spare pet food or meal worms can drop them off at CRASH in Culliford Crescent or at the Parley Cross veterinary practice in New Road, West Parley.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Kindhearted readers show support for hedgehog rescue centre   Kindhearted readers show support for hedgehog rescue centre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Awww some good people out there .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Kindhearted readers show support for hedgehog rescue centre   Kindhearted readers show support for hedgehog rescue centre Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:32 pm

I just wish I could send a good donation, thre are so many out there needing help.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kindhearted readers show support for hedgehog rescue centre   Kindhearted readers show support for hedgehog rescue centre Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kindhearted readers show support for hedgehog rescue centre
Page 1 of 1