Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrington Hedgehog Rescue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:26 pm

These are the litter of hoglets that Virginia at Warrington Hedgehog Rescue is currently hand rearing:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 4:24 pm

awww little beauties x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Hoglets had slop on a dish today, terribly messy but funny too, they actually managed to finish the lot then all had to have a bath, I hav e couple of vids of them self anointing in the slop will post them soon, in meantime here is a couple stills.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:50 pm

No good news today. Awful night last night.

The smallest of the hoglets died suddenly last night, this was very unexpected as she had gained some weight yesterday morning and reached 111g and doubled her arrival weight, she went downhill fast and was dead within in minutes, I am gutted.

Eric has taken a turn for the worse after he had begun to show signs of improvement, his wound is clean and he ate well via a syringe on Tuesday and gained weight but he is now very poorly, he is on appropriate meds, his wound is sorted but he now seems unable to maintain his own body heat despite being on heat pad/in incubator, there is nothing else can be done for Eric, he is peaceful and not in pain, think this is his last day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:48 am

Sadly Eric died last night, there was nothing else could be done for him, he went to sleep in his blankets and never woke up.

On a lighter not the 5 hoglets are blooming, they are now eating slop and mashed cat meat from a dish, they only get topped up with formula about 3 times a day, they will be totally weaned in the next couple of days, will post more pics of them very soon, they are very fat little porkers now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 6:45 pm

Newborn hoglet just brought in, only 19g and prob born last night, unfortunately hoglet was barely alive on arrival and despite heat pad etc it only lasted few minutes. man found it on his patio, he found a dead one at 8-0am this morning and didn't realise there may be more, he spotted this one about an hour ago near some dense ivy and immediately obtained my number, man did his best and has gone to search for any more, looks like mother hog gave birth last night in the garden and then for some reason abandoned the babies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 6:47 pm

About 3 different hogs visited the feeding station last night, one didn't have a mark, all 3 looked good size.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:14 pm

vid of Dante self anointing being uploaded, it takes ages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 6:57 pm

Update on hoglets, all doing well and eating loads.

Dalila = 277g
Dolores = 249g
Delfina = 242g
Dante = 254g
Drago = 242g

who ate all the pies then??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Hoglets all doing well weightwise, BUT!! seems there may be a problem with Dalila, she is the greediest and biggest of them all, a very pretty chunky hoglet but is showing signs of a problem with one of her back legs, I noticed it a few days ago but thought it maybe because she was walking on newspaper which can be a bit slippery also I have seen her use the leg for scratching herself however there is now no doubt she cant bear her full weight on it, this could be an injury sustained when the dogs ripped open the nest when the litter was only days old, at that age its possible the injury would not show up as they cant walk properly anyway until they much older, tiny hoglets drag/slither their way around and when they start to walk they wobble around like drunks, now Dalila is in a cage on her own and she is at eye level I can see the problem, I spoke to my vet this morning and asked for a quote to xray Dalila and was given an estimate of £91 which I find shocking as that does not include any treatment required, as I am in process of closing the rescue all fundraising events ceased at end of last year and we have vey little money in the pot so I have contacted another vet who has kindly agreed to do the xray for £65, big difference and thankyou to that vet for his help for Dalila.
I am hoping that the problem with Dalila can be resolved especially as she is such a fat otherwise healthy little hoglet.
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:03 pm

fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrington Hedgehog Rescue
Page 1 of 1