Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods

Go down 
+4
Nikki
pammie
Gaga
8 posters
AuthorMessage

'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods Empty
PostSubject: 'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods   'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A dumped rabbit found "shrink-wrapped" and close to suffocation is recovering at a rescue centre in Nottinghamshire.

The rabbit was in a tied plastic bin bag and had used up nearly all of the air inside by the time she was found.

A dog walker found her in woods in Bulwell, Nottingham, on Monday and took her to Brinsley Animal Rescue.

The centre has been told about 10 rabbits being dumped in the last two weeks and said the problem is getting worse.

'Could be pregnant'
Beth Hewis, who runs the charity, said: "The lady said the bag was tied up really tightly around the rabbit.

"It was shrink-wrapped because she had taken in all the oxygen and available air around her, and it was shrink-wrapped around her really tight.

"I don't think she would have even had an hour to live in that state."

The rabbit has now started making a nest, which could mean she is pregnant, the centre said.

It already looks after about 30 rabbits which need permanent homes, and has to turn many unwanted rabbits away.

Rabbits and other animals can be seen by visitors at a fundraising open day on Sunday.

Ms Hewis said: "We just live in this awful throw-away society and people treat animals like a television set or computer and think once they are done with it they can just dump it."
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: 'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods   'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 9:25 am

Aww poor girl so horrible and so close to me!!! Xx
Back to top Go down
pammie
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
pammie

PostSubject: Re: 'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods   'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:10 am

That is evil, that poor bunny some people are just so wrong
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: 'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods   'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:48 am

Awww thats awful..poor bunny No 
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: 'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods   'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:16 pm

aww no how sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: 'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods   'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Awful! Why didn't they just try end rehome this poor little lady?!

Angry.com!
Xoxox
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: 'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods   'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:44 pm

This is sick!! Who ever has done this, well, I cannot think of anything bad enough for them (but I would given time!!!). I have a bunny who is absolutely adored.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: 'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods   'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Whoever did that is evil. As I've said before, I don't know how they sleep at night..........angry 
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods   'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Shrink-wrapped' rabbit found dumped in bin bag in woods
Page 1 of 1