Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Milton Hedgehog Rescue

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

New Milton Hedgehog Rescue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Milton Hedgehog Rescue   New Milton Hedgehog Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 8:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well that is one way to eat your dinner
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Milton Hedgehog Rescue   New Milton Hedgehog Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 7:53 am

Busy last two days. Released Billy, Lily, Lily (with a willy), Brock, Ryan and Mo to then end up with a Mum and three babies arriving after a shed disturbance, a little one out tonight with no sign of mum or siblings and then another one running out in front of my car on the way home who has ended up coming in after I chased him down the road. He looked rather small and upon checking him under the headlights of my car had a few ticks, covered in thick sticky mud and all skin and bone. He must have known I was coming!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Milton Hedgehog Rescue   New Milton Hedgehog Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:41 am

Family dinner time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Milton Hedgehog Rescue   New Milton Hedgehog Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 8:13 am

Sam and Violet were also released tonight back to where they came from in Ashurst. Good luck you two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Milton Hedgehog Rescue   New Milton Hedgehog Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:41 am

Well had a 1.1kg male in tonight that had decided to build his nest for winter in the print factory at the New Milton Advertiser. Not great when they are moving all their humongous machines. He has come to stay here the night before being released at a lovely release garden in New Milton tomorrow evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Milton Hedgehog Rescue   New Milton Hedgehog Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 8:00 am

Meet Burt. He was found alone on a main road during the day unable to get up the kerb. He weighed just 140g when he arrived. He is enjoying his food and keeping warm on his heat pad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Milton Hedgehog Rescue   New Milton Hedgehog Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 10:03 am

Thanks to the fast thinking of Woodys finder today she was saved from a gruesome death. This is why it is imperative to not leave a hog which is clearly in need of help. Woodys finder found her on the side of the road, popped her in a bucket away from any more flies being able to get to her and called me straight away. Upon collecting her it was clear that she was overwhelmed with fly eggs completely covering her eyes and ears and in her spines. I got her home and started work with the fantastic help of my mother. We painstakingly removed chunk after chunk of fly eggs. She was curled up so tightly which made it very difficult but were persevered. She was started on fluid therapy too as she was very dehydrated. She had to be bathed and as you can see by the colour of the water that she was filthy! She is thoroughly exhausted and is now resting on a heat pad. She is an old girl and sadly I am not sure if she will pull through but the main thing is that she has been saved from a horrendous death on the side of the road. A* to her finder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Milton Hedgehog Rescue   New Milton Hedgehog Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:06 am

I have some sad news. Woody (the female that came in covered in fly strike) had to be put to sleep today. She had capillaria, crenosoma and fluke so was taken to the vets to get the medication sorted and the reason she was so poorly was because she had liver failure and a heart murmur. Very sad but she died in a much nicer way than being eaten alive and cold on the roadside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Milton Hedgehog Rescue   New Milton Hedgehog Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Milton Hedgehog Rescue
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2