Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Small baby from Latvia

Go down 
+15
Botty31
Lou
Gaga
Kukusja
gems
lynnshaw
hoggyhugs
alison
Melody
tayer
horsy
zombiewoman
christinelevis
sue caldwell
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Small baby from Latvia - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:55 pm

Brilliant videos, especially the 2nd one Very Happy

Job well done!

xoxox
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:52 pm

We are very proud of you.
Back to top Go down
Kukusja

Kukusja

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:10 pm

Some new pictures, taken a few days ago.
What makes me worry is the question, whether she is too thin...Wonder if you can figure it from these photos...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:12 pm

What does she weigh?

She looks like she might have a high backbone which could be due to the condition of her mother - if she is active, eating and happy, then that is what I would consider to be important factors - you can have smaller hoggies that are perfectly healthy xx
Back to top Go down
Kukusja

Kukusja

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:22 pm

She weighs about 300 gr now. What does a high backbone mean?
She is active, in fact she is a crazy wheeler Smile I thought that maybe I should add some food with higher fat content to her mix? Could it be she is "outrunning" all calories she's getting?
Her appetite is quite good, and so are stools. Quills and fur are shiny, no significant quill loss.
No other problems (at least as far as I can see) just possibly being a bit skinny...
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:51 pm

Aww, she's beautiful.x I was worrying about Iori being skinny but he is just small. Melody had a look at him for me and said he looked fine. I have been adding a little of a higher fat food to hus biscuits.x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 8:45 am

On the first photo she looks higher in her back but it could just be the way the photo was taken.

With active wheelers, it is often better to use a higher fat content biscuit - 300 grams is a good weight - my Boss Hog was a wheel demon and he was always a smaller hog - if her stools are OK that is a good indication that all is well - add a little higher fat content biscuit to her current mix and you could also give her a few extra mealworms xx
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:52 am

she is very gorgeous xx
Back to top Go down
Kukusja

Kukusja

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 7:28 pm

Thanks everyone for good words, she IS gorgeous Smile Such a sweet girl Smile
I've taken some pictures of her from above - usually this position is used to evaluate condition in animals. Sorry for the quality, my camera is not that good, but I hope it'll be possible to see.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

She's kinda thin and long, isn't she? Somehow I feel a hog should be "rounder" somehow, but I might be mistaken. Not so much experience with them.

Later I'll try to get a side view of her as well, so that you can take a look at her back line. Does a high backbone mean some kind of rickets in hogs?
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 7:40 pm

she looks fine to me xx
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 7:44 pm

She's a sweetie x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small baby from Latvia
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6