Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Small baby from Latvia

Go down 
+15
Botty31
Lou
Gaga
Kukusja
gems
lynnshaw
hoggyhugs
alison
Melody
tayer
horsy
zombiewoman
christinelevis
sue caldwell
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kukusja

Kukusja

Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Thanks, tayer! I definitely need one. Wonder if it's possible to get it shipped to Latvia?
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:41 pm

nellie is the one to ask...x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Kukusja

Kukusja

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Good, I'll ask her Smile
Back to top Go down
Kukusja

Kukusja

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:17 pm

I haven't got a response from Nellie so far therefore I'll post my question here just in case someone will be willing to help.
I really need that special "bonding bag", I have seen it on the net somewhere and I wonder if someone would be so kind to help me get it shipped to Latvia since there is no quality hedgie stuff here. Also I'm in urgent need for a safe wheel for Kukusja. I would be VERY grateful if someone could help. I'll cover all expenses of course.
Kukusja's weight was 95 grams this morning, it means that she has almost doubled her initial weight in a week's time. Guess that's a good result Smile

Last edited by Kukusja on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:19 pm

thats fantastic news...Smile well done..Smile
Back to top Go down
Kukusja

Kukusja

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Thanks, tayer! I'm soooo happy to watch her grow Smile And it seems to me that she starts to walk steadier, which is a huge relief to me.
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:29 pm

she must be much younger than you first thought....she will come on heaps with you....Smile
Back to top Go down
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:02 pm

well done weight gain is great x dont worry too much about a wheel yet as hoglets have to be 12 weeks before they use it safely x if you could get some fleece material you could try making a bag x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:18 pm

No problem with the bonding bag - I can get a nice girlie one sorted for you. If you could send me your address I will get it sorted for you xx
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 5:18 pm

i knew helen would come to your rescue...lmao...i have a few bonding bags they are useful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Just been a hectic week x
Back to top Go down
Kukusja

Kukusja

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 7:45 pm

Thank you so much, Nellie!
I'll PM you my address and please let me know about the money side of the matter. I thought I'd need two bags just in case one would need being washed.
Kukusja weighs more than 100 gr today Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Good news on the weight gain - will get two nice girly bonding bags sorted and a wheel and will get them weighed on the post office for posting.
Back to top Go down
Kukusja

Kukusja

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Hooray!!! Smile
Thank you so much, Nellie! I know Kukusja will appreciate her new stuff Smile
I found out I can get crickets and zophobas moria here. The question is if they are good to be fed to hedgies? I just want to make the food she gets more varied.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:32 pm

crickets are ok just get tiny ones .. there are can o crickets and can o mealies you might be able to get from where you live too .. x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 4:40 pm

A very warm welcome to the forum love, your baby is gorgeous.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Kukusja

Kukusja

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:18 am

We had a kind of accident yesterday. I felt like my hair were going to turn gray, and my hands are still trembling, but fortunately it all had a happy end. I realize that I'm not an experienced owner and that it was totally my fault.
I left the baby roaming on the sofa (which I have done before) and went to the kitchen to change her water and add some food. Usually she would be snuggling somewhere between the pillows or just exploring the things I put there for her. This time I was absent for 5 minutes or maybe less and returned to find her gone. Completely and with no traces. I overturned all the pillows, carefully examined everything on the sofa. Nothing. I gradually started to panic. All night I was turning the apartment upside down, moving furniture I was able to move and looking under the rest with a pocket lantern. Still nothing. In the morning I had to go to work. Going away I left her cage open in the middle of the room with fresh food and water in it. I was really worried that such a small baby is left without food and water for so long.
Fortunately we have a short working day on Sunday, otherwise I guess I would have died there. All kinds of terrible thoughts in my head increased panic. So I rushed back home as soon as it was possible hoping she has returned to her cage. But I didn't get to check it - I found her in the corridor - she was sleeping soundly in my slipper Smile There are no words to describe how happy I was to see her! I fed her and let her sleep in her nest. The only thing I don't like is that she looks a bit stressed after this adventure - reacts more sharply to different sounds and movements. I really hope she will calm down and everything will be fine. Any advice to help her cope with stress more effectively? Should I handle her more or on the contrary - leave her alone for some time?
I surely won't repeat my mistake and leave her out of cage unsupervised, and I hope I haven't caused the baby too much harm with my lack of experience...
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 am

aww no, but at least shes back now, so cute she was sleeping in your slipper, she must have recognised your smell! Smile handle her the same as you did before xx
Back to top Go down
Kukusja

Kukusja

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Oh, yes, I've learned my lesson well. I'll do my best not to let it happen again.
Kukusja looks a bit stressed after her adventure, but quite well otherwise. I have found a couple of quills in her nest today, and there were two more left in my hand when I picked her up. Can it be the result of stress or does it mean that the quilling time has come? If the estimate of her age is correct, she is about six weeks old now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Quilling time if she is approx six weeks old - will have the costs for you tomorrow - everything boxed up - but didn't get chance to go to the post office due to Hermione being at the vets x
Back to top Go down
Kukusja

Kukusja

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Thank you so much for your help with hedgie supplies!
Hope quilling time won't be much stress for my baby.
What's up with Hermione? Question
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:30 am

i am so glad you found her ....

She maybe a little jumpy like some people have said due to her quilling .... im sure she will settle down soon she is lovely x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:48 pm

dont beat yourself up too much x your not the first to lose your hogg . glad shes ok x
Back to top Go down
lynnshaw

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi & welcome I have one gorgeous girl Cola who everyone loves she's sooo chilled out she's a little treasure who Helen gave me the pleasure of having her plus me & ma daughter Lucy have Mylo a hand reared little field mouse who is also adorable Helen put pics on forum & we have to bunnies mum & son who are gettin old now aged 8 & 9 but are fine
Back to top Go down
Kukusja

Kukusja

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Have found a lot of quills in her nest today, so I guess it's qulling time indeed. She's trying to run away and hide in her nest, would even stop eating and hide in an instant when I enter her room. That's kind of unusual. But at night when there's no one to bother her, she eats quite well, as a rule the dish is almost empty in the morning. And once picked up, she doesn't ball up or anything, only acts more restlessly than before.
I really hope these behavioral changes are due to quilling and not the stress of her adventure. If you have some more advice how to make this period easier for the baby - I will be VERY grateful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small baby from Latvia   Small baby from Latvia - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small baby from Latvia
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next